Saturday, June 21, 2014

GRANDPARENTS

P6201357
One of the greatest joys in growing older is being a grand parent and a great grandparent.  Every snuggled up together to watch the game.
They are a pleasure to have visit us because they are well-behaved loving children with all the normal faults of being children.  Being a parent is not easy in fact I believe it is harder now than ever.

Grandpa is extremely pleased to have Ben to talk to and watch the game.   He even kicks the ball around outside so he is looking more like himself.

He and Ben make lunch, mostly Ben, while Morgan and I go to the dollar store  to let her pick out her birthday gift.  She is thrilled with her little presents and says thank you with a big hug!  Meanwhile Theresa shopped for a few groceries to add to mine.
P6201352
Kim gets tired of watching the game and starts drawing and coloring.
I tell her that we have a lot of good artists in our family tree.


P6201354

P6201361
Theresa and grandpa look at the pictures of their trip to the Oregon Coast.  She left us a few copies and we were very grateful.  She is an amazing photographer!  Beautiful pictures of the family and the ocean and beach with caves and water-falls and I must not forget rocks.
Theresa is so generous with her time and her ability to create lovely family photos for us all.  I know I am very thankful!

Another stress free visit!

I know that loving and being loved is the best medicine one can take!

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I was in a cleaning frenzy getting ready for tomorrows guests to arrive or I would have dropped by to see everyone as well. I can't wait to see Theresa book, I am sure it is beautiful.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

ahhh...so nice to read your blog about Theresa, Ben and Morgan's visit. What a lovely family they are! So precious to you and Larry. You are so right...being loved and giving love is one of the most blessed gifts.
Sadly, so many people feel alone and unloved. We are truly Blessed.
The pictures really tell the story. Great pics, once again Beth!
I have regretfully decided not to attend the wedding today. I am not strong enough to stand for long. I will be super disappointed if The Beach Boys really are going to be the band tonight! That is the rumour! It is a re-newel of wedding vows for Carl's cousin, Mark Lee and his wife Annette. I think he has invited all the Ateah clan, so it is going to be a huge party. Our son, Bob, will be going with Robyn, his lady friend. I hope he takes some pictures.

I hope you and Larry have a great day.
love,
Nancy

Shandel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shandel said...

Happy Summer Solstice!! We celebrated with a complimentary yoga in the park class at 630am. it was beautiful. especially when the sun came out from the clouds. it greeted us as we saluted it with a full body movement stretch sequence. :D

Windy here though now that the day has really started. Looking forward to summer weekends off with Cameron this year. Today is my last Saturday to teach.

Happy the card made its way to you guys, I sent a birthday card to Simone as well and when i popped them into the mail box, it dawned on me that i had not put postage stamps on either of them. I was very disappointed as both cards were already late lol i said a little prayer and sent some energy their way hoping they would float through the mail system and make it to you guys, yay!!

haha
Cheers

beth bennett said...

We know hos disappointing it is not to be able to attend family events. Actually we are both tired out today but happy.

We did not notice your card did not have stamps. Ha Ha. It was meant to come. Do you know if Simone got hers I do not know if she got ours.

Dad is watching soccer and maybe we will go for a walk or shopping for some new bed sheets. Big decision!
Love to all.


Steady-as-rain said...

I think we should invite Oregon to become part of Canada.

Love,

Rick