Saturday, June 7, 2014

THE NEW PLAN

DSCN2819
I have been trying unsuccessfully to do my old walk  which is down to Coyote Creek and then up to 60 and back down Sun wood to home.  On Friday I did the first part and then stopped at home for a rest and carried on and finished the second part.  I had not planned to do this but I think I will try and keep doing this.  Early morning is still the best time for me.
DSCN2826
I am now meeting new people and new dogs and one dog wanted to follow after me.

Friday morning dad and I took a drive over to see Sandra and Randy and sit by their pool and watch Randy clean it out. 
DSCN2834
DSCN2836
These are her special rocks from her old home.  Make the picture big and you can see it better.
DSCN2832

This is her vegetable garden with the strawberries and blueberries and onions and lettuce etc.  I know where to go for fresh vegetables! I had planned to take my camera but forgot it in the car so these are a few quick pictures.  The front entrance has some lovely smelling flowers so I have to remember to breath deeply.  Sandra thinks of every thing.

Saturday is usually a day that we do not plan but just let it happen.  Yesterday it was the garden, the  library, the store and the hockey game.  Also a phone call from Pantelli.  Happy and healthy in the Caymans.  Kim also phoned and Oliver is here too!

So after I started to cut the grass dad gave me a lesson on Grass Cutting 101 to prove his way is the right way.

We make lunch together and then go out to the back patio to eat it.  The crows started making a terrible racket and we couldn't figure out why until we saw the raccoon washing his paws in our little pond.  He as a cheeky little beggar and even jumped up on my chair when I went to get the camera.  Dad said go away and he just looked at us.  It was a small one.

We have been having a rash of things going missing but when the cookies, dad's cookies, which he had just bought disappeared I was starting to doubt my sanity.  I glad I can remind myself that I pass my test at the doctor's office.  Then after looking every where I, the brilliant one,  remembered dad had put them in the cookie jar!
 
Pat and John dropped by for a visit and laughing together is good for body and soul!
 
I got a joke book from the library so I will have jokes for Howard.
 
"People tell you, "You look great no matter how you look."  -Phyllis Diller

6 comments:

Sandra said...

The rocks are from this house, not our old house. Our old house had lots of rocks, but this house doesn't. That is why I was happy to find a few.Did you still need me to send the pictures from my camera? Mandi and James dropped by for lunch yesterday and we all went for a swim, except for Mandi who just went for a float. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well, you know, if I could have said, "click on the picture and you could see it bigger" my famously bad picture of the rabbit in the Amsterdam campsite from 1976 might have looked more normal. You know, if you then sort of zoomed in on the small speck that was the rabbit.

So I was just ahead of my time.

Glad you found the cookies!

(I think that walk is too much, bye the way).

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

How long is your old walk Beth? How many minutes? Maybe you should listen to your body and not push it?
You two and your stories of losing things and telling each other how to do things..sound so much like us! Soo the cookies were in the cookie jar? I wonder how they got there!haha. Today, Carl will be helping me plant our veggie boxes on the deck. He has never done a thing in the garden so it should be fun! I will put him in charge of the shovel and wheel barrow!
Be very careful of raccoons...they carry a lot of diseases and are a common carrier
of rabies. We usually trap them, when they show up here. This is the first year we have none! The cold long winter must have killed them off. BUT we have a brown bear...he was here two nights ago looking in the window at Carl in his chair. He left his nose prints. Not large, last years youngster.
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No do not worry about the pictures Sandra. Take some at the lake. Have a fun day \I do so wish we could have taken a little drive out. My walk is 45 minutes each way. I am trying to retain my brain . Not easy.

Enjoy your days.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Beth,,,,that is a long walk..an hour and a half! I am glad that you enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Pool looks nice , is it warm?

Ken