Thursday, June 12, 2014

MIDDLE AGE

DSCN2809
I do not know how it happened but all of a sudden I have left   middle age behind me but that does not mean I am old yeas long as I am young in heart!


  As a mother of young children there were days of delight, exasperation, appreciation and always exhaustion.  In many ways middle age was the golden years free of the busy active years rushing here and there with the children;  then the  anxious teen age years and the  worry of visiting our parents and seeing them fail.  It was also the time when grandchildren came into my life and into my heart. 

Every decade of life has its problems and challenges.  I find that I am more content now than I have ever been and I do not worry near as much about a lot of things.  I want to enjoy smelling the flowers listening to the birds and relaxing reading one book after another and just enjoying being me!

I wrote this before going to bed last night,  Wed. night,which was before I woke up with an extremely bad painful headache.  I got up feeling dizzy and could not type on the computer at all.  I tried to go for a walk even taking my cane but my legs would not work.  I read about what to do when you have smyptons that can be a T.I.A. so off we went to the emergency.  I  had  all the symptoms Which include weakness, trouble speaking, vision problems, extreme bad headache and dizziness.  I really did not want to go.  Time really dragged there and I felt dad should be in the bed not me. 

I had a brain cat scan and a lung x-ray and lots of question, blood tests etc.  I was told I could go home but did not get a report from any doctor which I felt was very annoying so had no answers.  I was told to get hip pads and get walking lessons as I do not walk right.  I was advised to get home help etc. and go to a walking class. What a waste of time!  I felt bad for dad but he did go out for breakfast and over to the little gluten free bakery to buy me goodies.

I had not slept well and should maybe have just gone back to bed.  Oh well dad is happy I went.
T.I.A.s do not show up on scans but I am sure I had one.  Home again by 4 very tired but thankful that all my major organs are fine.  No high blood pressure.  I eat my cookies and grumble all the way home because of not getting any answers.  It took  time before I get over it.

Larry is still in a lot of pain but the pills do help.

"At  this point in time I think of time as a living entity, a gift to each one of us, and one we share with each creature alive with us at this moment.|   -Reeve Lindbregh

P6041209I look forward to many happy days ahead for us both.  I will continue to haunt bookstores and libraries! !

So today is a new day and I am off for a great walk in the rain!   Jane and Geof are stopping by for a visit about noon today, too bad it is raining or we could sit outside,

  I will feel the fresh air and feel the joy of a new day.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

See, and I was going to call yesterday but didn't. I will call after I Skype Mary and Simone. Left poor Spooky outside all night. She came in this morning very wet and complaining. We also did not shut the laundry room door so the dogs were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. I hope the rain slows down a bit, I need to get outside and pull some weeds. Talk to you in a bit. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I am going for my walk now.

No worries.

love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Goodness! What is a TIA?

I will call you later this morning.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Geeesh, Beth, I don't think going for a walk after all that you went through is a good idea. You should be resting in bed! I know you are really determined....BUT!You don't want to have more TIA's!
The doctors didn't talk to you before you were discharged? They certainly should have discussed TIA's etc.
So sorry to hear that Larry is having so much pain...why on earth the doctors can't do more for you both, I don't know.
I am still battling that darned infection...need to see my doctor today. Discouraged, because I have so much catching up to do!
But on the bright side...it is a lovely day and I| hope to get some of my garden work done before the rain arrives.
Take care, you two!
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

This getting older with health becoming a problem is no fun. I will not go another time but without checking my blood pressure as that is the main concern. My is so low it is barely alive!
I debated just going back to bed but it is for dad that I went and that made him less worried.
I am doing everything right to prevent it according to my booklet but would like to see a knowable doctor and would even consider going to Van. as they have excellent doctors there who dad saw years ago. Anyway may not happen again. love to all

Anonymous said...

I glad I read your blog today. Gramma maybe you could teach walking classes. But really what is that? You walk with bars along side you and a physiotherapist helps you? Doesn't sound to bad. Kinda like having a personal trainer. And I will be there soon to help around the house, hold tight.
Make sure you are eating regularly and getting sleep. Love you guys

Anonymous said...

Hope you feeling better today Mom. My car broke down on the freeway , got it towed to my mechanics. Should be fixed by Monday.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Never a dull moment eh Ken.
love mom