Thursday, June 19, 2014

GOOD NEWS

P6191344
We finally got some mail delivered I was just thinking of phoning the Post Office, I am still waiting for a medical report.
Grandpa was very happy and pleased and said what a beautiful card and thoughtful message.  I was going to run out and give the mailman a hug but he took off to fast.

Had a good visit with Jim who walked with me to the meeting about stroke prevention.  He even spoke up and talked about his two strokes.  I learned about the emotional as well as the physical damage strokes can do. I did not stay for all of the discussion as I wanted to visit several others who would be expecting me.

Dad has an appointment for next Tues. which is reassuring to me.    He seems better today.

Theresa and Ben and Morgan are coming to visit to-day and we are very excited to see them.  Dad and Ben can watch soccer and hopefully it will be a good game.  Maybe Theresa and Morgan and I can go down to the dollar store.  Morgan is having a small birthday party on Sat. because so many people are away in July.  I have always noticed that with my birthday,which is in July too, but a party for me would be a friend or two.  Ben will have his birthday on the soccer weekend in Bellingham.

I was very surprised this morning as I approached the bin at the bus stop to put a little bag of garbage in when a young Negro boy quickly came and said "May I"? and put it in for me.  I thanked him with a big smile!

All in all a good news day!  !

"Guard within yourself that treasure,  kindness.
Know how to give without hesitation, and
how to lose without regret,
how to acquire without meanness."  - George Sand


6 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Dollar stores are good places. Almost as good as value villages.

We should call football football like everybody else does. Soccer is a funny word. For the helmets and pads game we should say "American Football".

Dad has a pain in his back? I'm glad he has an appointment.

It is irritating when there seems to be a problem getting mail!

Did you talk to your doctor about the emergency room scans and all that from last week?

Love,

Rick

Steady-as-rain said...

By the way, in my "steady-as-Rain" photo I am standing in front of house in the town of Long Beach, which is on Long Island, not far from New York. Long Beach was very badly damaged by super-storm Sandy two or three years ago, and it is very likely that the house in the photo has been destroyed. Which makes me sad.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

We too, are following the World soccer games. Who are you and Larry pulling for? I was pulling for England but their chances are not good now, after the loss yesterday.

Jim sounds as though he is rallying against his negative attitude! Good for him and good for you Beth, for sticking with visiting him, even though he was not nice at times!

I like going to Value Village too and come across some good things sometimes...not always! Yesterday I found a macrame hanger ( circa 1970's ) that looks lovely in my sunroom. I put my Passion Plant in it and it looks rather sparse...as the plant is young..but it will fill in soon. The Price was $2.99.

Glad to hear you Theresa and family are coming to visit....family visits always cheer us up! Aren't the children growing up quickly?

I teach Jessie today....she has her grade 4 piano exam tomorrow with the Royal Conservatory...she is ready and hopefully will get another first class honours mark. What a great student she is.

I am glad Larry has a doctor's appointment....hope you continue to have less pain, Larry.

I still have pleurisy, but the pain is lessening..thankfully. Still have trouble sleeping though.

Have a wonderful day with your family,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

We started out cheering for Australia and then England and now Uraquay and I cannot spell it. Pleurisy is extremely painful so I pray Nancy that you will continue to improve and not sleeping makes it harder.
Dad and I have decided next time if there is one but probably won't be now that we know what to do is go to the hospital the minute I have the very bad headache. No results yet and just two more tests.
I walked down to Save-On to get chocolate GF cookies for Morgan and Me and Theresa and was very tired when I got home. The good news is I am recovering quicker afterwards. A 20 or 30 minute rest really helps and then having something to get up for really helps.
I am your trip down East if you can.lad we now know the story behind your picture Rick.
Dad hurt his back lighting cement and rocks. He does not like rocks too bad we cannot send them to Sandra.
Feeling good today.
love mom
Enjoy

Sandra said...

I thought I commented this morning but must have gotten side tracked. Not uncommon for me. My day off and so far the house is 10 times messier than when I woke up at 5:00. I keep piddling around with stuff. Until every picture is hung and al the things are in their place it will not really be home. Or is that asking too much? Got 2 pictures hung this morning, just 10 more to go I think. Sandra

beth bennett said...

That is not asking too much but it seems it is just life. Glad to have your comment better late than never.
I thought you were working or I would have asked you over.
It is good to a visit with a small group as you get to hear more about their lives.
Dad enjoyed their visit a lot and he always likes to talk to Ben especially.

Love mom