Thursday, June 19, 2014

THE SEA

P4110861
This is where I planned to go for a walk on Wed.  I thought it would be a good place to walk and dad enjoys going there.  His back and neck got very painful and so he went back to bed.  This is causing me a lot of worry.

I find being near the quiet gentle waves of the ocean on the shore are very calming.  Years ago I read a book by Mrs. Lindbergh called the Gift From The Sea.  I am now reading a book by her daughter.  She quotes her mother finding the simplicity of life in the sea shells.  She believes one of the greatest gifts of life are treasuring moments of solitude.  She writes also of the complications that can upset our plans for the day or for our lives.  Going back to visit the place where her mom stayed she realizes that nothing stays the same and in fact our lives seem to be more full of violence and injustice than ever.
DSCN4892
All I can do it seems is to look for and treasure the gifts I have and remain true to what I believe.

I remember the days of walking barefoot in the sand and picking up every shell that fascinated me.  Happy days!

Visiting Jim today.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

I still like picking up rocks at the beach. Not sure if there are just more of them than shells, but they certainly come in more colours. I take it dad has not gone to the doctor or the physio therapist. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Oh dear, that is not good news about Larry. I do hope he get some help for the pain. It is such a worry when our husbands are ill, isn't it Beth?
The walk along the ocean sounds magical. I love the walk along the ocean in Rathtrevor Park on the Island.
We are off to the vets today, with Jewels, our Jack Russell dog. She just needs her annual shots. Our two new dogs had them before we adopted them. It is a windy and stormy day here. Take care, you two,
Love Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hope dad is feeling better. Tyler and Aislinn arrive tomorrow for a quick visit. Very cold here with a nasty southerly wind . Winter finally arrived . Three days off for me after five early shifts. It was very busy yesterday , no breaks in an 9 1/2 hour shift. Time flys so it's. to too bad.
Ken