Tuesday, November 8, 2016

CERTAINTY

Cathy and Glen came by for lunch but Glen has a sick stomach because of the pain medication.

They brought some coconut macaroons and Cathy made tea.  She is an expert!

We enjoyed their visit.

It was a very warm day we could have almost sat outside especially on our front porch.  Dad went with Kim to the car repair place where they have done all our repairs.  They know the car.  I went for a walk later in the day and meet Melody and she is coming over Sat. to rake leaves.  Our back yard is unbelievable.  Yes every year there are tons more.

We are watching the election in the States and it seems very uncertain.

Jewish wisdom encourages us to be a sacred skeptic
Skepticism inspires us to know more.
Our journey is to be life long learners rather than absolute knowers.

Not seduced by certainty, we can be open to truth.  -unknown.

I visit with dear friends who have gone through difficult times and I have seen the love of God renewing them daily.  Our lives our busy but what a joy to keep in touch with old friends.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

What a lovely photo of Cathy and Glenn. They look like such a nice couple. Is she the Mother of the girls that you helped to look after? mmmmcoconut macaroons are soooo good.

Is Kim able to drive her car with the damage done to it? I hope so. It is awful to be without the use of a vehicle. She is lucky to have her Grandpa helping her with the repairs at the garage. Dealing with insurance companies and garages is no fun. I am still doing that and it has been three months.

It still is much above normal in temperatures here...very unusual and for such an extended period of time. I am starting to believe in global warming. I ordered winter tires yesterday with studs.....so we will have good traction this winter. Carl has quite a few appts and procedures booked over the next few months. Moving to the city is not something I want to do...but the appts keep on coming.

yes, the certainty of old friends is something to be cherished! We have a few who are ever faithful and stop by often. Many of Carl's friends have passed away....I guess it happens when you are 78! I know he missses them.

Well I have to get ready to go to Winnipeg, so better run along. Have a super day,

Love, Nancy





Sandra said...

I was certain that Randy was right when he said there was no way that Trump would actually get elected. I am shocked and in disbelieve and to be honest just a little bit scared.

Sandra