Thursday, November 10, 2016

ORDINARY

I did go for a quiet walk today.

Dad did a good job cutting the front lawn and it will take both of us to rake up all the leaves.

We had a quick visit to the new store which combines Home Sense and Winners.  Dad was impressed but his feet were too painful to stay long.  I was able to quickly grab a few items and next we drove over to the library where dad sits and reads.  I picked up a few mysteries which are now waiting for me to solve.

To-morrow I will go to the Senior Home to take Joyce down to the service for Remembrance Day.  She was in the Wrens I believe but I will check that out to be sure.

We seem to be continuing to live in uncertain times. 

God is the joy in our laughter
He is the tears in our sorrow
His Spirit heals the scars of the past
and gives us hope for the days ahead.

1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

An ordinary day for us too....doing last minute chores outside before the arrival of winter next week. They are predicting a snow storm...we haven't had any snow yet...which is quite a record. It seems odd to me to think of cutting the grass...out last cut was in September! I guess that is one good thing about our colder climate!

Is Joyce the younger lady who you made friends with at the nursing home Beth? That is very kind of you to go and take her down to the Remembrance Day service today. I am thinking of taking my piano students to the nursing home to play some Christmas songs for them...in about a month or so. They have to practice them and memorize as well. I will play too, and they all can sing Christmas Carols.

I teach the daughter of the program manager for the Senior's Scene and I offered to play for a sing song there as well. I am so blessed to teach such amazing students and to meet so many interesting people along the way!

How are Ben and Morgan doing, Beth? Is Ben all settled in his new school and boarding home? Morgan coming along well with her art?

The birds ( especially the 8 blue jays ) are flying by looking in at me saying, " hey where are my peanuts and seeds and fat?) I must go our and fill up the feeders.

Today is a day of reflection on those brave men and women who served in the armed forces to give us the freedom we enjoy today.Also thinking of the sacrifices those at home made too. I personally have two friends who never knew their fathers....they died overseas in WW2. Their mothers lived a life of poverty...living as widows, with children.

wishing you a good day,

Love, Nancy