Thursday, November 24, 2016

CLEARER

My camera has been up graded but can you tell?
I did not go for a walk to try it out the wind was ferocious'
There was a great huffing and puffing going on last night as the wind made things bang and bump all night.  Dad had put the garbage out and I woke up to see our big garbage pail blowing down the middle of the road.  It was dark and still early and I was afraid that some one would come around the corner and crashed into this unexpected object.  So I dash out after it with my house coat blowing in the wind.  The wind seemed determined to lift me up into the air.  Maybe I would have disappeared!

Dad and I had a quiet day but we do are shopping trip.  I was doing some spiritual writing which I like to do in the morning.

There is always the need for us to see truth more clearer, especially spiritual truth.  One danger of all religions is they see themselves as better than other ones.  It would be much better if we say our beliefs could be help others to see more clearly.  Loyalty to a group is fine but is it loyalty to truth that is revealed through stories and the experiences of others .

It is a time to put aside judgment and fear and prejudice and a calculating mind because as the gospel of John declares God can only be seen clearly by love!  The heart needs to remain open.  This is hard when we can often feel cynical about all that is going in around us.

"The real problem is no longer not to believe in God
but to believe in humanity."
  - Richard Rohr

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I think you will notice the improvement in the pixels mostly when printing the pictures. Peanut and I walked in the wind yesterday and it was a bit scairy since we go by some big trees.

I did a bit of shopping and then home for a nap. I sure will miss my afternoon nap when I go back to work.

Thanks for looking for the pictures for Shawna. I would suggest that you make a folder called Calendar to save picutures for next years.

Sandra

Unknown said...

l find your pictures lovely .you have a good eye . When you talked about your sailing off into the air it reminded me of Mary Poppins .l don't think the wind was so bad here yesterday but the rain was torrential and Geof had a 5.30.p.m. dental appointment .Coming back l took a wrong turning and found myself on a dead end road without area to tun around l had to back all the way to the intersection and it was neither a straight nor wide road and there was no lighting .It was a nightmare. However we managed it without further mishap. l am debating with myself about wether or not to become a member at west van united .l think l will but l have troubles with creeds and dogmas and would discribe myself as a Unitarian Christian Mystic God is bigger than any of our religious definitions l try to live in relationship to the mystery that is God through the tradition into which l was born and which has sustained so many through the ages. Anyway thats enough of my pontification.Much love Jane.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't talk yesterday ,very busy at work. Matthew won two first place ribbons at sports day yesterday ,and a third place ribbon as well. Jasmine went for coffee with Nona instead.🙍🏼 Melina feeling better. The weather is still cool here.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

You really "painted" a picture of the wild wind and a lady trying to rescue her garbage can in her housecoat! Well I am glad that you weren't transported off to some far off place and are here to write you blog for us to enjoy!

I think the photos have more colour...it could just be me...but I think so! Maybe because of the extra pixels. I know you put lot of thought into taking photos and deciding which ones to post.....and your followers enjoy them very much. Thank-you.

Poor Jane, what a challenge that must have been for you, backing up in that alley. You did so well to get back on the road. It seems when we are our husband's caregiver, we have to step up and do many things. I do all the driving now and yesterday was a challenge for me, driving through ice fog that froze on the highway creating black ice. It makes us stronger!

Didn't Matthew do well at the sports day! Congratulations Matthew and family. You must be proud of his accomplishments!

Love, Nancy