Sunday, November 20, 2016

MORE

This is a field in Ladner overflowing with water.  There was a light rain today (Sunday) and dad especially felt chilled.  His feet were painful today but his stomach is better.  He does not complain and I am thankful he like the football games.
I think we do not need more rain!

I learned a good lesson today to be more careful to read the prescription label as I took one of dad's pills not my Pariet.  They are in different cupboards so I must have put it in the wrong place.  No harm done but felt a little shaky.  Dad and I did not make it to church today.

I was thinking and wondering if I would be more religious if I had gone to church?

Would I be more helpful and kind to others if I just read scripture today?

Does what I believe have more power to heal and change me than what others believe?

No.

I do need to be more trusting of God's acceptance of me with all my imperfections.
I do need to be more generous with my time and sometimes money to lose less fortunate.
I did take food over to the food bank instead of taking it to church today.

Ken phoned on his way to work.  The screw has come out of his implant and he will need two new ones to be replaced.  They had to be ordered in so they glued it in so he could go to work.
Life seems to get more and more frustrating some times.

"The light of the love of Jesus shines on us all regardless of our feelings or behavior."
 from the devotional  Jesus Calling .

I want to be more receptive and open to the love and light of Jesus.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Beth maybe you should have one of those weekly containers where you put your pills in for every day...perhaps a different coloured on than Larry or one with your name on it? I have one for my daily blood pressure pills...I just take one of those a day, but this way I know if I took it or not!

I am writing tonight because we will have an early start tomorrow and there won't be time for any computer things!

Your quote about the love of Jesus shines on us all reminded me of the hymn, This Little Light of Mine! The little book Jesus Calling is something I will watch out for. I know you have quoted from it before and it sounds interesting.

We had a surprise visit from our Granddaughter this evening. She has such a busy life with school. She is in second year engineering and says it is hard, but she really likes it. It was so special to see her today. We made plans for Christmas supper...here, with her help and maybe her mom will come too. Carly is our son, Mark's daughter. She is 22.

Well I am off to get my clothes ready for the morning,

It is good to hear Larry is feeling better tummy wise....but those painful feet must be hard to put up with.

Have a good sleep,
Love Nancy

Sandra said...

I personally would say that you do not need to be so concerned about what you need to be doing more of. I still am not able to type with out pain so will just leave it at that.

2 of the 3 kittens have been adopted and go to their new home next week.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Very hot yesterday.cool change came around 6pm. Thunder and lightning. Melina better , going to work this morning.
Ken

Unknown said...

A bit out of sink again today . We woke up late this morning after staying up late last night having had a busy day . We went.to church in the morning and then enjoyed a waffle,sausage fruit and whipped cream lunch prepared by the church woman..Most enjoyable social time. l didn't have to do any cooking as Susan had asked us to Sunday dinner . we were up late watching masterpiece theatre. "Poldark" and "lndian Summer" both productions that we really enjoy. Monday- Lovely to see the sun this afternoon We had a walk along the sea wall with my cousin and watched a magnificent sunset. love Jane.







Summer