Friday, November 11, 2016

THE INVISIBLE THREAD

The invisible thread that holds us all together is kindness.

I had lots of help raking the leaves which I started doing.   Dad did a whole bunch more and then Melody kindly came with her rake to finish the job.  Our little pond is also running again so the back yard looks good again.

Dad wanted her to come in and have some tea but she just wants to help.  She has so much energy it is amazing.  She has no time for idle chatter!

There is an ancient Chinese proverb says there is an invisible threat connecting those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstances.  This thread may get tangles but it never breaks.  This really captures many of the friendship I have made over the years.  Jane and Geof are a perfect example!

One tiny moment can be life changing.




3 comments:

Sandra said...

It was nice after a bit of morning rain at our house. We did a bit of shopping with Adena in Langley then went to Vancouver for dinner. Randy let me go to bed early and he stayed up to walk Peanut.

I wonder how many threads I have yet to meet the person on the other end?

Going to get some early grocery shopping done at Super Store before it gets busy,
see you later.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

ahaha...Sandra, you are a Super Store girl too! I like using their app and getting points on my card. I am training my sons on how to shop there....they spend a fortune at Safeway...where prices are like highway robbery.

Gosh it is tough having an older dog....our son has a dog who is 13 and she is totally deaf, incontinent and pretty senile. She still is so happy to see me though..so we are just taking it day by day.
My muttskies are going to be 9 in January....so they are getting on too, but there is no sign of them being older yet. Well, Max has the start of cataracts...but otherwise is fine. Bella is like puppy and loves to be chased around the house...she runs like a banshee. They are small dogs...well about 22 lbs.

Are you going to watch the Blue Bombers play BC in the CFL semifinal game? It is a Mexican stand off here...I want to watch the curling final and he wants to watch football. I guess I will have to move upstairs and watch it there.

I wish you a good Sunday...
Love, Nancy



Good for you and Larry getting all those leaves raked up. We still have some to do that blew into the deck and house with a big wind.

Sandra said...

Yes, I collect the points from Super Store. Got a free turkey that we used for Thanksgiving, and money off of course. Usually wait till Randy can come with me though so he can do the packing while I unload and pay.