Tuesday, November 1, 2016

DRESSED UP

I have mixed feelings about Halloween.  We sat in the living room and it was up and down continually answering the knocking.  I like when the neighbor kids come.  The little boys from across the street came first.  The one cannot have peanuts so I made sure to give him peanut free candy.  His little brother piped up that he could eat lots of nuts.  Others were so excited and wanted you to guess who they were.  I guessed two little girls were lady bugs but no the one was a fruit fly.

I hardly had time to test and taste the candy between visits!

We turned out the lights before eight and the fireworks started.  I walked down the street to take a picture of this spider and with all the noise and some sounded like gun shots I was a little nervous in the dark.  I do not like all that noise and you just think it has stopped and it starts again.
Always nice to see a friendly face!

Dad went for a bike ride today and I had a walk which did us both good.

Kim is very optimistic about her car and the boys at college will be a big help.
I am sure they will all love to help her!

I just got home when Cathy dropped by all dressed up in her motor bike suit.  It is a lovely red.  Glen was racing his bike when his bike collided with one that was cutting in on him.  These are old timers having a race, one is 70.  His arm is very badly broken and has pins in it so it will be a while to heal and it is very painful. 

To-morrow I will be attending the U.C.W. ladies group.  Lots of warm friendly faces.

I know children love to dress up and of course love candy so I try to be a happy neighbor and enjoy their visits.  I was thankful dad was able to help but I am glad it is over for another year.  Although the fire crackers are going again to-night.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your halloween sounds like a very noisy busy time .Ours was quiet although we could hear and see some fireworks in the distance on the hillside . We are mainly seniors living in this area and it is not possible for children to access our buildings it is a pity because l am sure some would find it cheering to have a visit from youngsters but not too many. it can be overwhelming if the door bell doesn't stop ringing. l wore black and orange for three days and we shared a chocolate bar on Monday evening so much for our marking of the occasion .We go to sing along this morning and l have an alzheimers group meeting this afternoon. Enjoy your meeting with the U.C. W. Love. Jane.

Sandra said...

I was watching Netflix on Monday night, so had to keep pausing when ever the door bell rang. And of course Randy being on graveyard he had gone to bed at 6 so I am sure he did not get a very good sleep.

Peanut would sleep with the kittens, they are not too sure about her though. The nice thing is since the kittens got introduced to her with out the momma cat around to tell them dogs are bad the kittens are no more afraid of Peanut than if she was just a really big cat.

We got the large furniture moved in last night, in the pouring rain again. I was too tired to tackle all of the smaller stuff that is in the upstairs bedroom. And of course everything has to get felt pads put on, so it is time consuming.

Did you walk in the morning yesterday when there was that nice break from the rain? We just started our afternoon walk when it started again.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

We bought a bunch of chocolates, but there were no kinds coming to the door at all, not one! The fireworks started around 8:00 pm and went till 10:00 pm in our neighborhood, so Haiti jumped on the couch between the two of us while we watched a movie and wouldn't get off the couch!
xo Panteli

Anonymous said...

We had eight trick or treaters. 10 if you count Matthew and jasmine. 👻