Wednesday, November 9, 2016

WORDLESSNESS


Still some color on the remaining leaves but everyday the branches are looking so cold and naked without their leaves.

I was at my Bible study today and we all felt a little hopeless and in shock with the news of the election win of Donald Trump.  Wordlessness.

Our first question was what political leader or religious leader have you lost faith in or in this case are in doubt about what will happen.  Hopefully there will be good people who he is willing to listen to.  His claim to fame is that he listened to those who felt they had not been heard.

I had difficulty putting my answers into words for some reason.  Some times the right words do not come.  Spiritual truth is and always will be a mystery but I am thankful for the words of scripture that help guide me.  I learn a lot by listening to others. 

Today I felt God was looking after me through the kindness of others.  Sandra arranged  a test for me through the doctor which was important for me to have before I go to the urologist.

John Spong writes that his life is still a journey along the Christ path into the mystery of God and words are being replaced with the wonder of wordlessness.  There is a joy that cannot be contained unless we choose to live not by creeds or liturgical form but by embracing this mystery.

My faith gives me comfort and security as I am reminded that the love of God dwells within.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, every where yesterday the conversation eventually turn to Trump, even at our general meeting at work. For a big part our company relies on sales to the states.

Looking forward to this weekend and getting some more of the house put back together.

Did you make it to the clinic to get your test done?

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, here too, the "topic du jour" was Trump. A lady I know was going to be interviewed on CBC Radio about her time spent in the armed forces during WW2, but she was "dumped by Trump"....to be interviewed today!
One small Manitoba town which offers free land to build on was flooded with calls from Americans. My American cousins are talking about moving to Ireland...we all have Irish Citizenship.

I really like your last sentence, Beth...My faith gives me comfort and security as I am reminded that the love of God dwells within. Thank-you for those words.

I hope you are able to get some help from the Urologist. Carl sees his on a regular basis. he has to have another cystcoscopy in January. The prostate surgery didn't help with incontinence though, so pull ups are the solution.

We are on the road again, this time to get winter tires. Hopefully we will be back home by the time curling is on TV. It is a Grand Slam that is being played in Cranbrook BC.

Have a greaaat day,
Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

Like most people l know l was surprised and saddened by the election of Donald Trump as the next president of the U.S.and l feel very sorry for Hilary Clinton who l think gave a strong and gracious speech of conciliation .She must have been devastated by the result of the election. However it is also a huge weight lifted from her shoulders and l hope she is able to enjoy some well deserved private life. Weather looks good this morning so l hope we will get out for a walk later.It is a great blessing to have good friends and loving family and a caring church community Thank-you Beth Sandra and Nancy for sharing your thoughts.All good wishes . Jane.

beth bennett said...

No Sandra I did not have time yesterday.
The clinic is closed today and on Friday.

Yes Nancy Cathy is mom to the five children.

I think there were more questions but keep answering.

Enjoy your day. A nice one here,

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Yes very shocking that trump won. No more NAFTA . More tax cuts for the rich .if you though America was bad before just wait three years.
Ken