Tuesday, November 15, 2016

INTERNAL

What a delight to have Haiti come for a visit.
Walking in the rain did not even dampen my spirits.
Externally my body was feeling wet and cold but it is the internal feelings that bring us happiness.

I have done all my tests at the blood clinic and the results show no improvement so I will have to try harder.  Pat came to visit and says she has the same problem and has some liquid iron she takes so I will give that a try.  She is feeling a lot like me with low energy and irritable.  We had a good laugh about things and with a big hug she was gone and we both felt better.

Dad has gone for a bike ride and I will take Haiti for another short walk as I am not in the mood to clean house.

I need something internal, something deeper than any thought or emotion to guide me and give me strength.

"Life consists of two journeys.
The outward journey of the body through time and space.
The inward journey focuses on creating depth to our existence
discovering who we really are
establishing a sense of meaning and purpose to life
finding our moral and spiritual compass,
deciding  what motivates us.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I could have sworn there was a different post up earlier that I had commented on...hmm.

I am sure Haiti is very happy to be visiting too, much better than just being home alone all day.

I caught a cold from someone on Sunday. There seemed to be a lot of sniffling going on so could have been one of many people.

I am very much looking forward to being home for 2 weeks, to bad I have to have my hand cut open to be able to do it.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Awe that is too bad Sandra, catching a cold and having to have surgery on your hand. Is it for carpal tunnel syndrome? I hope the cold doesn't stop the surgery. Good luck and have a good rest afterwards.

Beth so many seniors I know are short of vitamin B12.( which causes low iron in the blood ).
it is a common deficiency and when they take it, they are so much improved. The fatigue and crankiness is gone. it is well worth trying rather than taking that iron which can be hard on the body. I do hope you feel better soon, Beth. It must be hard for you to feel so tired all the time.

How wonderful to have Haiti for the day..dogs bring us so much love and cheer. I hope they bring her over more often for you and Larry to dog sit.

Our dogs and our neighbours little Maltese were waiting for us when we got home from Winnipeg. We leave our dogs in the house and the Maltese came out from under the steps. They all were so happy to see us....what a noise of barking and yipping.

We had a long day in the city, but got a lot of things done, including having the low tire sensors fixed on our car. The new winter tires came with sensors and they malfunctioned.

So I am on the highway and start driving home and the speedometer is at 60 and it feels like we are going a lot faster. I told Carl the speedometer was malfunctioning..
I was just going to turn back for the garage when Carl said I think the mechanic touched one of the buttons ( the car is a 2008, but new to us )....so I looked and the miles to kilometer button was changed......we were going 60 miles an hour! WHEW! It was an easy fix.

It seems we dodged the bullet again...the huge snow storm is going south...at least that is what they say for now....Thursday and Friday will tell the tale.

We are still walking around in fall jackets, no hats or gloves and shoes....normally we would have to wear our winter attire. It was 10C today....we are so spoiled...the arrival of true winter is going to be a shock. they are predicting overnight lows on Fri. and Sat of -13...brrrrrrr.

Are you able to eat prunes Beth or drink prune juice? The are high in iron.

Feel better soon my dear friend,

Love, Nancy








nancy-Lou said...

Please copy this link and paste into your browser window and go to this website and read about Vit B12 and folate deficiencies.

https://www.google.ca/url?
sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP2cX7qqzQAhVmzIMKHYQaB9sQFgg0MAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nhs.uk%2FConditions%2FAnaemia-vitamin-B12-and-folate-deficiency%2FPages%2FSymptoms.aspx&usg=AFQjCNH4ydE4gCWBNmawVsKBvYIK3aHd5g&sig2=ao9qliFTCEFQRc7Y1JMChw&bvm=bv.138493631,d.amc folate deficiencies.

I think you will see quite a few things that you are suffering from.

Love Nancy

Love Nancy