Tuesday, November 22, 2016

HUMOUR

This is a picture taken out side of Sharkie's restaurant on Saturday.  We were to meet Carol there after the talk on Light Houses.  The restaurant is a big and a little dark like a lot of pubs.  Carol got there first and chose a seat at one end very private by windows.  We arrived and took the area by the other windows.  We did not see each other and Carol tried to phone but dad's phone was not answering.
I saw her leave but not come back in.  Eventually we connected.  All is well that ends well.

Dad managed to ride his bike home having it powered helped.  It is painful so he is resting.  The good thing is he took time to soak his feet and put the new ointment on. 

The punch line Ken was when I opened the door to Pat and John.  All the vitamins I have been taking have made we very bloated and full of gas.  I open the door after showing Haiti in the other room and
then I had an explosion of stinky gas.  It was awful.   I should have blamed the dog but I was speechless with embarrassment.  Younger people would think this was a great joke but not me.  One thing about getting older is I do not want to be smelling awful too.

I was thinking how humour has changed from the T.V. shows to the comics nothing seems that funny.  Dad has a good sense of humour and I feel that is so important.

"Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it."  -Jules Renard

"A person with out a sense of humour is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every peddle on the road."  Henry Ward Beecher.

I did go for a walk in the rain looking like a clown.  Red rain pants and a florescent yellow green jacket and a blue hat.  The fresh air was good and I met several old friends who always ask where is Haiti?

Waiting for Ken to send pictures of the school concert.  He will be a proud daddy and so will Melina be a proud mom.

I go to the doctor to-morrow, the urologist in Langley.  I am happy it will be a woman. 

Dr. Nolte wants me to come in next week so maybe he will have some good ideas.

"Just the knowledge of a good book at the end of a long day makes that day happier."
Kathleen Norris.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

we have had mix ups at restaurants also. It seems ridiculous but it happens. Perhaps laughter is a girls best friend and its easier to come by than diamonds. We are off to join in the sing -a-long at Hollyburn house this morning . It is always a cheering experience and this evening our daughter Kiera will be joining us for dinner We are both looking forward to that.Hope all goes well with your visit to the Dr. much love, Jane.

beth bennett said...

Thank you Jane,
You and Jeff sure keep busy and enjoy your music together.

My appointment went well with a lovely young lady doctor.

She is very encouraging and tells me not to be discouraged.

First will be a change of pills.

Larry wanted to go shopping but we can do that today.


It was good he came home and rode his bike.

It turned very cold but did him good.

The knee is responding to care which is good.

Much love
Beth

nancy-Lou said...

Humour! There is nothing like a good laugh is there? I have a dear friend and every time we get together we end up laughing. She is such a comedian...sometimes just looking at her is dangerous...like in church and I have to chuckle...when I shouldn't! She is the master of making faces...When we paint together we end up dancing to the 50's music we have on and painting too....crazy gals.

Missing someone at a restaurant happened to me to....crazy mix-ups. Either Carl was in the restroom or sitting at the back...and I missed him. I came back 20 minutes later and he was so mad at me for being late....grrrrr.

So happy to hear the appointment went well with the Urologist, Beth. Carl has a lady Urologist too...he has another cystoscopy in January to check for the low grade cancer lesions. She burns them off. I hope she can bring you some relief.

Love, Nancy