Sunday, November 27, 2016

SEARCHING

Yes dad and I are not at church.  We got an early morning phone call about Justice playing basket ball in the big Sports Center in Langley.  We had promised Justice to come to some of his games so we were sorry to miss church but happy to watch him play and have a visit with Tasha and Trevor as well as Sandra.
This is taken with my old camera which does not show you what you are taking.  I do not know which picture is best.  Tasha has her eyes open but no smile or a smile with closed eyes.  The game was not too exciting as Justice's team was a lot better.  Justice looks like a real athlete and I think he will do well at this sport.

We had a hard time getting these pictures.
I believe this is when Justice in the red and white shoots and scores.

I am still searching for my camera but will try and see if this one works when it is charged up.

"God's appearances changes.  Blessed are those who can recognize Him in any disguise.
-an old Jewish proverb.

Jesus seems to suggest looking for Him in the outcasts.

Lord when did we see you hungry or thirsty
or a stranger needing clothes
or ill or in prison?
Whatever  you  did for the least of my brethren you did unto me.!



2 comments:

Sandra said...

You really need to know where you are going in that place. I am glad that Tasha picked me up because I would have hated to be wandering around in the rain trying to find it.

Next time we can plan on going out for lunch afterwards.

I am good and ready for my hand to be back in full operating mode, which I hope will be soon. I think I have gotten it a bit infected. With the stitches being on the hand I bet that is not unusual.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Beautiful Mom and Daughter! It is so nice to see how supportive you are of your Grandchildren who play sports. I am sure it meant a lot to Justice to have you there watching his game. Go Justice!

I am busy looking out winter clothes to take to the thrift shop in Pine Falls. It used to be such a busy thriving community until the paper mill closed down. Now a days, it is a sad town with many people who are low income and quite a bit of crime. I am heading over there later on this afternoon to see the doctor at the local clinic.

I read on the Vancouver news that you have had two months of rain....wow. A dear friend of mine moved there a couple of years from Manitoba and she is yearning for home and sunshine.
We haven't had much sun lately, more like your weather, with clouds, rain and fog. Very unusual for us at this time of year.
It started out snowing heavily and now it is raining and the temperature remains about 1 . The highways were ice covered and there were a lot of accidents, especially on bridges which freeze more quickly. I think they will be OK this afternoon as the temperature rise a little.

Even though the weather is bad, it is going to be another GREAT DAY!

I wish you the same...a GREAT DAY,

Love, Nancy