Friday, November 25, 2016

HUMAN

                                                Trying to do some writing.

We enjoyed a visit with Carol in between appointments.  One was out this way and one back in Tssawwasen.  She thinks she may have an allergy maybe to Haiti.  Haiti sure does shed, too bad we cannot make a coat out of it.

Dad went to the library on his bike which was fine by me.  I went to the store to pick up some new pills.  Yikes!  very expensive and lots of side affects.  I would just take half but cannot cut it in half.  I will start them slowly.
I often think I make mistakes because I am only human.  While this is true being human is an awesome thing to be.
Great progress in science, the arts, music and religion has been made by us humans.
We are created in the image of God with a soul that delights in the wonder of this life.
We have been breathed into life by the very breath of God, the Creator!
Each one of us is unique even though there may be people who look like us.

:Our job is not to be Mother Theresa or St. Francis or the Pope it is to do what it is ours to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to your comments today. So sorry to hear that you are having unpleasant side effects from your new medication. Geoffs medications are very expensive and l wonder how people on low incomes manage to pay for their prescriptions .l do not envy you Nancy-lou having to deal with such challenging winter weather. The mountains are socked in again today and we are having more liquid refreshment .We have no real plans for today but we are happy to have a warm and pleasant home.Bye for now . love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Yes, we sure are unique as human beings...all different. Sometimes I think progress hasn't been a good thing....well in some things and not in other things.

Maybe I am just showing my age ( and that is very likely but I really liked the 1950's when kids could play outside for hours without a worry. People were happy with smaller things....smaller homes, often no car, just took the street car.....yet when we look at the many amazing things they have achieved in medicine, just as one example...we are blessed to be living today!

Sorry to hear you are having reactions to the drugs you are prescribed.
You can talk to your pharmacist and your doctor about them and they can adjust your dosage.

I don't now where we would be without Manitoba Pharmacare....they base the annual deductible on your income and once you meet that they pay for most costs. We met the $1,000 deductible. They paid the $6,700 for the drug for the first infusion and will pay for the next one a week Monday. Carl's drugs run about $200 a month.

Not sure what BC does for a drug program though. We are so fortunate to live in Canada..we truly are.

I didn't teach art or music today. My piano student is away and I was too tired to teach art today. I missed the girls though...but will teach the collage next Saturday. We just had a restful day and had a visitor...a fellow who used to work for Carl. I love to tease him...he pretends he is a big tough guy....but is caring for us...always brushes the snow off the car and takes the garbage if it is in the sunroom. His wife is very kind too.

Tomorrow is the Grey Cup and I don't care one fig! But I know many enjoy football and wish them a good day. I may paint. I have a VB scene that is chomping at the bit...need to do a lot of drawing first.

I wish you both a lovely evening and a good sleep tonight,

Love, Nancy