Saturday, November 5, 2016

STRANGE

It seems like there are still Cinderella's around who lose there shoes.

Last night a helicopter kept round and round just over our house.  It makes you wonder what is going on.  Maybe they have spotted the racoons with their masks on running around on our roof top.

Feeling better today, thank goodness.  I need to stay up to put on my wrinkle cream if I am ever going to get rid of a few wrinkles.  I know it is hopeless but you have to keep trying.

 A bit of a strange day going through old pictures and cards.  Yes lots of memories.

"The heart, like the mind, has a memory.
And in it are kept the most precious keepsakes."  Henry W. Longfellow.

We drove over to the library in the pouring rain and were glad to be home again.

My morning stillness is lasting longer. 
Time to listen knowing that it takes time to unclutter my mind and wait for the feeling of inward grace available to us all.

I will not be attending church to-morrow but hope to go visiting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you really do have racoons running around on your roof top that is bad news. At this time of year they are probably checking out neighbourhoods for a winter home.Lets hope they don't make it with you.We had them visiting us one year and had to get the humane removers to evict them. i remember you having a relationship with racoons when you lived in our old neighbourhood l believe they showed great interest in pet food.if you are going to visit Joyce today wish her all the best from me. Our day was brightened yesterday by a visit from Aileen and Noreen it was good to see them. love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

I would find that very disconcerting if a helicopter flew over our house over and over again. YIKES...they must have been looking for criminals. Gosh what is this world coming to..remember the days when we were young and life was so care free? Nowadays things are so complicated...

Now that looks to be one expensive shoe. I hope their story works out as well as Cinderella's.

Yes, Racoons cavorting around on your roof doesn't sound very good, Beth. I used to think they were so cute, but have seen how destructive they can be and how dirty. Oh my goodness they are simply awful if they get into your house. We used to see this in cottages that Carl had to repair. Their feces carry some bad things that can make you very sick as well.

I am so happy to say that I have solved the mouse problem....our son repaired the hole they came in and I have trapped them all I think. It has been four days without any. What a time it has been. In forty years we haven't had mice...but this fall has been especially bad for many people. Apparently the mild winter we had last year meant for a large amount of mice this summer. That is one good thing about the COOOLLLDD winters we have...it kills a lot of bugs and pests.

I see that you are receiving a lot of rain at the coast and especially on Vancouver Island. Gosh that river that runs through Parksville will be overflowing and flooding the trailer courts and homes there. Poor people. Here, it is unsettling to have it so warm and sunny...just like a day in late August really. 18C...little wind and the sun feels so strong for this time of year. We are grateful, but it feels weird. They say it will be like this all week..but the cold is just around the corner.

The teen class yesterday was a pleasure. Lovely girls to teach. I did some demos of glazing with paint..where you pour the paint on from a small dish and forgot to put a towel underneath to catch all the extra paint...so ending up wearing it on my feet as well as the table and floor. I will be wearing indigo blue on my hands and feet for a while. hahha....the girls thought it was kind of neat though!

Have a lovely day today, Beth and Larry,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

No I do not think we have racoons on our roof.

I plan to visit Joyce and Maybe Sandra and Randy to see their new home.

Love beth