Tuesday, October 24, 2017

ADVERSITY

 
Adversity has the power to shape and mold our character.
This is the message that is the subject of our study.
Just like pottery is shaped and brought to life to create beauty and usefulness so our lives are being shaped.  What begins with a lump of clay has to be worked and worked until it bends to the demands of he hands that are shaping it.  I have never done this except way back in my childhood I took an art class and we worked with clay to make vases.  It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my young life.  I was so happy with my creation I even dreamed about going to pick it up the next day.
We had to leave them to dry and go they were put in this big drawer.  I can still remember going into the empty room and opening the drawer and it was gone.  I was crushed
  What a shock.
I was too shy to tell anyone.
The human spirit is fragile and even small memories that are not really that important leave a  scar.

"So in the end every major disaster, every tiny error, every wrong turning, every fragment of discarded clay, all the blood sweat and tears-everything has meaning.

I reuse, reshape, and recast all that goes wrong so that in the end nothing is wasted andnothing is without significance and ceases to be precious."  Harriet March.

Yes, life can be bloody hard but you cannot create without pain.  Our lives are a creative journey that takes us through hard and disappointing experiences.

The reality of old age is that you can no longer do what you used to do.  

Dad rode his bike yesterday but he is not experiencing the joy of being alive because he is not as confident as he was.  

Forme it is a time to find my strength in my weaknesses allowing old scars to heal and theinnerspace within me find comfort in the grace of God's love.

Adversity comes into all our lives in different ways.  

7 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is nice that you are recalling (I'm going back a couple of days) some early days in Lipton. I don't think I've ever been there.

It was very nice to see Ophelia give you a big hug. A touching moment.

It is too bad your clay pot went missing all those years ago. Time to take pot-making up again?

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick that would be a good idea but for now Kim and Carol are the potters.

It felt like summer here today which seemed to give dad and I some energy.

He is fixing the back door and to-morrow he is off to the dentist.

His cold seems to be better so that is good.

I am preparing for my Bible study to-morrow.


I did get my antibiotics today so all is well.

Love mom

Hope you are rested up.

Love mom

Sandra said...

Bladder infection again? I will not have time to drop off the eggs but Kimberly will be at our house so you can either come by and visit her and get them or she can bring them on Monday when she brings Haiti.

Lovely weather yesterday but back to rain pants for my walk this morning.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks for phoning Sandra.

We will try to drive over Friday
depending on how dad feels after dental surgery,

Glad your cough is better
so is dad's.

Want to get a walk in before going to the church.

Lovemom

Anonymous said...

I bought a new mask for my CPAP machine. $320. It of a rip off. I saved over a $1000 purchasing the cpap from USA so I can’t complain. The lady from the cpap store was interested in where I bought my cpap . I told her I bought mine from amazon and they should drop their prices as completion is out there. They have been ripping old the elder and sick for a long time.
Ken

Sandra said...

We had something similar with the gas heater we got for our pool this summer. The pool stores price was really high so Randy ordered it online and saved lots. The gas installer asked where we got it and when Randy said online he was very surprised you could buy them like that.

I suppose stores have their expenses, but they need to find ways to be more competitive as people have the whole world at their finger tips now and when I comes to saving hundreds or thousands most will not care about shopping local.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad and I have not used online but glad when others find it helpful.

Ken do hope your machine really helps.

You may know Larry Olsen has one and has found it excellent.

I must go wake up dad so he can take his pain medicine!

Love mom