Monday, October 2, 2017

TRAVELLING

Lots of boats ready to travel.

Rick was travelling to Calgary today for an important meeting.  Hope he does okay because he is still not well and having pain.

Dad and I travelled to the Seniors home right after lunch.  The visiting went well with lots to talk about.

On our way home we travelled back in time when we stopped in to visit Mary Brooks.  She looks just the same but her memory is very bad and it seems maybe she had a stoke or something.  She would answer yes or no about most questions.  IT helped when dad told stories about her husband Dave and the years they worked together at the  Airport as Air Traffic Controllers.  They often drove to work together, they bought an old boat together and owned an airplane together. Lots of hilarious stories about all these things.

She will be travelling to the States to be with her sisters in a complex for Canadians.  She did not know who we were at first but agreed to go out for coffee with us.  She is a year or two older than dad.  We gave her big hugs and she was happy we had stopped in.

Hopefully as dad and I continue to travel on our journey we will be able to enrich the lives of others.

I opened the front door to the cutest little girls and the street was full of them running in and out of houses.  I am going to go broke if those cute little  brownies do not stop knocking on my door.  I had to take out all my spare changes to count out enough money.  A good test for their math skills.

As we travel we are putting our energy out into the world and in giving we receive!

3 comments:

Carol said...

I hope Mary Brooks is happy...

Sandra said...

Another day for you and dad to count your blessings, you still have each other and have your wits about you for the most part.

In case I forget to mention, I will make a small turkey on Monday if you and dad want to come over. I do not know what time as it will depend on if Randy is working and what shift.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Mary seems very happy and enjoyed our visit a lot.

Yes, we are all aging in different ways.

I love turkey and we would love to come over on Monday.

Going to the hearing aid lady this morning.

Love mom