Wednesday, October 11, 2017

THE WAY

Peanut knows the way to go.

Have you ever wondered if you were on the right path?  Or if you know the way to go.

I brought this question up at Bible study earlier in the day.  I did well getting all the questions right,
The truth is there are no wrong answers.  We continue to learn more about each other as we study together.  We continue to learn more about Paul and the reason he wrote certain things in his different letters.  We talked about how we deal with pain and suffering in our own lives and in our own way.  

Over the years we have had many insightful conversations, always supporting each other by listening and with prayer.  We always stray off the subject and always find things to laugh about.

Dad did drive me as he thinks I am not legal.  There is a day care in the back of the church so lots of cars were coming when it was time to leave.  I nearly got in the wrong car but they all look alike to me especially if when the color is the same as ours.

I am fighting off a cold which made me a sissy about going for a walk early in the cold morning in the early morning darkness.  Every day seems to be changing but I am sticking to my same way so no worries about getting lost.

I could have mentioned the thanksgiving we spent at Sandra's home where a surprised wedding was planned.  Both Sandra and Randy looked very smart and happy when we walked into their home.    A lady followed us in the door and she would not tell us who she was until it was announced she was a performer of marriages.  Dad and I were speechless but so very thrilled for them both.

Image cooking a turkey on your wedding day!  Those two are amazing!

They celebrate their anniversary on Friday with a day trip together.

After the hail in White Rock today that causes many traffic problems we do hope the weather improves.

The early followers of Jesus were called people of the "Way".  The aim is not just to attend church but to follow the way of Jesus,  to identify with his lifestyle to. the best of our ability.  We are only human and often lose our way but love always walks with us.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Ah, you have the cold too. I wonder who we got it from. I am home from work today so you can come by and get your eggs if you want. Since I can work from home I am going to, my dripping nose kept me up most of the night.

The lady that comes to the house commented on Peanut knowing her way. Where as the lady would have gone farther, Peanut knows when it is time to turn back.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I am fortunate I can take antihistamine
Colds are miserable.
Rest and drink lots.
We do need some eggs.
Plan to come by.
Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

I think Randy was pretty clever to get married on Thanksgiving - just a little reminder every year not to forget his anniversary!

Paul of Taurus is a bit of a bother. Do we worship Jesus, or do we worship Paul's idea of Jesus, and Paul's ideas of everything else?

Love,

Rick