Friday, October 13, 2017

BRAIN FREEZE

I read this title and I thought it just fits me.
Only she had brain freeze from looking in the freezer for something to eat.

I woke up this morning to a very cold messy house.  Candle wax every where which I think means I do not busy good candles, actually I buy them for the color.  
This one burnt right down to the bottom.

I decided it was a day just to stay home and clean up.  I have been putting off going through my books and giving some to the church and others to the Second Hand Store.  I am sitting on the floor surrounded by books and I keep wanting to keep them all.  Yes, I do often pick one up to reread or to look for quotes.  I know without a doubt,  the one I give away will be the one I want to-mmorrow.

I open my trunk thinking I can sort through all my little treasure.
How can I give away "the world's greatest grandma" even though I know the torch has been passed on to others in my family now.  Then there is the I love you flower which brings back many memories.  I will have to show it to Ophelia when she gets older.

Dad worked very hard cutting the grass and stimulated his brain on the computer.  

Had a phone call from Rick still having dizzy spells.  Yes, I can relate to that too.

Trying to think of what to write about has been difficult.
Time to read "How to Create a Mind."

"We ourselves feel that what we are doing is a drop in the ocean.
But the ocean would be less because of our missing drop."
---Mother Teresa


2 comments:

Sandra said...

It was a perfect day yes. We ended up going across at the Aldergove border and it turned out to be the only one with out a Nexus lane. We loved Linden and driving down different routes to Bellingham that we had not taken before.

Books I have no problem parting with, but the nick nacks are special and as long as you have room for them I would say keep them.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra I am so happy it was a nice day for you guys.

You still look young and happy!

I will keep the books I have room on my shelp for.

Keeping my little treasures Yes.

Dad has to do his blood test today if he can fit in.

Love mom