Friday, October 13, 2017

INVASION

What a perfect fall day to invade the countryside and celebrate your anniversary.
Happy Anniversary Sandra and Randy!
Sorry we did not make it over to your home yesterday.  I had the car full of newspapers, and your card, and some fruit and lemon yogurt!
I confess I have now eaten it.
Yes our power went off yesterday about 5 but came on at 2 this morning.

Early in the day we had invaded the library and came home with a massive collection of books.  Books on health and healthy eating, books on the brain, a humorous book and several mystery  books.  We ate a healthy lunch and settled in to read our books while watching sports on T.V.  Baseball and hockey.  I was just telling dad what book he could read when the lights went out.  It was fun for awhile and then we did some texting and went to bed early.

Love is awesome but challenging.

God's love invades our lives in unexpected times to comfort and to guide us.



3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Invasion...of books! Well not much can be better than that! You and Larry have your work cut out for you now!
have you read any book written by the Canadian mystery author, Louise Penny? they are set in Quebec and are really different. I am currently reading her latest book called, A Great Reckoning, but just brought home The Beautiful Mystery which is about a murder at a Monastery deep in the wilderness of Quebec! I really want to finish the first one to start this book!

oooh that lemon yogurt sounded very good, Mine is almost all gone!

brrr it is a cold day here with a north west wind off the lake. I worked in the garden this afternoon bringing in my gladiola corms. This was their third summer and they are so large now. Next year should bring spectacular flowers. I also brought in the last of the tuberous begonias. I have a cool crawl space where they will reside for the winter months. The geraniums will come in next week. Just want to harden them off a little more. They are large too because they are three years old. Most people throw them out, but I like to over winter them.

I wish I could post a photo here of the little Pine Siskins that are here. We must have about 50 of them at the feeder and they are eating a ton of niger seeds.

Mr. bear was here yesterday afternoon and I had to go out and rescue all the bird feeders and fat again.
He just sat and watched me again. He is non threatening and has been around all summer.

Fortunately the cottagers didn't panic this year and he lived to see another year.

I threw an apple at him and he got up and ran away....I am not worried being out there with him...just have to be wary and on your toes and non threatening to him.
He is glossy black and so fat he can almost roll. beautiful animal. We think has found his den for the winter and it must be nearby our house. He would be spending quite a bit of the days in the den now...comes out on nice days. he will be slowing down as well.

I can hear Carl banging around in the kitchen...he is anxious for his supper. I promised him scallops and shrimp. He loves them. I am not fond of them so will make a veggie stir fry with rice. So i had better get my act in order and "get cooking".

Have a wonderful evening,
Love Nancy





beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy I have read alll of Louise Penny.
I just came home with her latest "Glass Houses".

I like that they are about Quebec.

Another quiet but busy day for me.

Love beth

Sandra said...

Was it windy out, that was on Friday was it your power went out? I always end up going to be early when it does as well.