Tuesday, July 10, 2018

CONCENTATION


 Ophelia is very busy concentrating on cleaning up.

Simone built a huge tower with big Lego locks.

Sebastien is busy pushing and hugging and being very active.

Astrid was upset at being out of her routine.
Very important at that age.

I love watching them all.

We were concentrating on the news today to see if all the young boys were finally rescued and were over joyed to hear the news.  It took many skilled divers and many many more volunteers who gave from their heats.  Well done all!

I had to concentrate at the hearing clinic to try and hear every small sound.  It seems even when you concentrate there are sounds you cannot hear,  My hearing loss has not changed but she advised hear aids before it becomes any worse.  Once the brain is not able to process sound it is hard to retrain it to hear again.

I decided to have a rest while dad went for another long bike ride.  I just could not concentrate onmy book as I felt the urge to visit at the Home.  I was very thankful I did as Joan was very worried abiyt an eye exam she is having to-morrow.  She talked about all the things she was fearful about especially getting a needle in her eye.  I convinced her she could be brave and I would hear all about it next week. 

Driving for me takes a lot of concentration but I know I need to keep doing a little.

We all share in the blessings of kindness that give us joy in the giving.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Such precious children...all busy playing!n Lovely photos, Beth. Imagine having four great grandchildren all there! I loved the photo that Sandra put on facebook of you sitting on the grass playing with the kids.
Yes, it was wonderful news about all the boys and their leader being rescued from the cave. I saw a video of them taking one of the boys through the cave and they had him on a board...all strapped down and he had a divers mask on with oxygen...it took four on each corner to maneuver through the tight spots and over rocks. Some of the divers had three oxygen tanks strapped on their backs. Very brave men. Very thankful everyone's prayers were answered.

Hot again..it has been at least 30C for weeks it seems. Also hot at night...21C. I am tired of it, but I do not care for hot weather...a day or two is fine...but this is incessant heat.
I was invited over to Mark and Shelley's for a chicken supper...she is just such a good cook...a lovely lovely person too...Mark is blessed and so am I! We had a good chat out on the deck afterwards..it is so secluded there and one can hear all the little warblers singing in the evening.

Have you considered a hearing aid Beth? I have a friend who has one or maybe it is two and she does very well with them.

That was nice of you to be able to talk to Joan about her eye exam. I heard that the needle they give in the eye for macular degeneration doesn't hurt because there aren't nerves there. I have two friends who have to get them. Hopefully Joan's won't hurt either.

Well that is really good that you can still drive. it gives you independence. I like driving...but was tired yesterday after driving to two different towns.

Have a good sleep,
Love to you both,
Nancy

Sandra said...

Lots of great pictures. We have been busy so have not had much time to comment. Planning to go up Grouse Mountain today and maybe to Buntzen Lake.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sounds like fun.
I am having trouble finding time to write.

Dad goes to the Cancer Clinic to-morrow, Thursday at 2.

Almost missed this appointment.

Good to know what you are up to.

Love mom