Monday, July 9, 2018

MIRACLES

                               Wonderful news that 8 boys have been rescued from the cave.
We were so very happy to have Rick here for a visit on his birthday.
We consider his birth a miracle as he moved into the right area to grow and develop.
Rick and I were up early Sunday morning to talk about old memories and new concerns.
He is still have health problems that are draining his energy.

Life can make us feel powerless and vulnerable when we struggle with failing health.  It is always difficult to wait for news of test results.  August is when his doctor returns and seems like a long time to wait.

Illness is a life-changing experience that is never easy but hopefully in the process of on-going healing we find new deep strength.

We are reminded that the bonds of love never break so we are never alone.
We are reminded that we need each other.

After Rick and I had a short walk and then breakfast with dad I had a nap and Rick relaxed with a bath a little quiet time.

The time flew by as we continued talking out on the back patio.

Then off to enjoy a visit with the rest of the family and a cool refreshing swim in the pool.
                                       Sandel was the first to greet us.
                                                                
                                                             



Happy birthday to Morgan!  July 9th!

I had to rewrite this this morning because I think the other blog called miracles disappeared.
I am very unhappy about this as doing this takes energy to gather my thoughts and find pictures.
I have more pictures o put on to-morrow

Life can make us feel powerless and weary yearning for a miracle
but faith helps me to start again each task I have to do.




3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Wasn't that wonderful to wake up to the news that more boys have been rescued from the cave? I hope that happens again tomorrow morning, when we wake up. I heard on the news that their leader had been training to become a monk for 10 years and he was able to use some of those skills, like meditation to help them endure all those days.

A big Happy Birthday to your Son, Rick! Now that was quite a birthday party wasn't it? a pool party! You must have enjoyed your quiet times with him, walking together and talking together. Strong family bonds are so important.

Bob, my eldest son drove me to Beausejour so i could pick up the insulin and syringes for Max. they have a lovely lily garden there that is a community garden and it is huge. It is arranged in a semi circle and the yellow,white and orange ( and the odd cluster of pinks ) lilies were framed by a background of various blue delphiniums...it was stunning. The peak time will be in about 10 days as there were countless buds waiting to open. Bob enjoys those things as well as me..so we took our time anad had a good talk with the attendants.

I was tired when I got home...I had so many errands to do. The first one was to take two dresses to a home seamstress. She is a little person and even the doorbell was low....a lovely lady. I go back tomorrow to pick them up. $4 each to hem, can you believe it? I hope to have a visit with her tomorrow.

The Bennett family have quite a few birthdays in July, don't they? I believe yours is coming up too isn't it Beth?

You do such a great job at writing your blog daily. I know it is a big undertaking and you do put a lot of thought into it. I thank-you. I look forward to reading it daily and try to comment daily as well. You always inspire me.

well I am going to go to bed early. I am pretty tired and still having troubles walking and standing. I have an MRI on thursday. Had blood tests today and they took 10 vials of blood. that was the rheumatologist. He is very thorough. I hope they find out what is causing this walking and pain problem. it is worrisome as it is getting worse.

It was another great day .....sun and hot and good company...I hope you both have a good sleep tonight.

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy waiting for the results is hard.

Let me know what they find.

Sometimes it takes a lot of testing.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Thank you for your comments.

Had a busy day so will go to bed early.

Love Beth


Shandel said...

Awesome photos! It sure was a lovely time visiting.