Wednesday, July 11, 2018

GIVING


Kim decides to take pictures of me giving Morgan her birthday present.  We all like giving presents which we hope the other person likes.  As a grandmother I know I sure do.
I am so happy when she is surprise and pleased with the little purse we bought for her.  She likes going shopping and plans to do this on her birthday.  She is now 12.

Life is so fragile and we often hurt, or disappoint or out of ignorance make bad choices.

Time heals some of our wounds with the help of a soul that is kind and forgiving.

I love watching the soccer games (football?) especially when the young kids come out with the players.  How proud they must be to be chosen but there must be many hearts that have been broken because they were not chosen.  Some of us will be chosen but we are all worthy just being ourselves.

Life is shaping each one of us as we give who we are with each gift.

The perfect gift is giving the gift of forgiveness.

The best gift is the gift of laughter!

I am going to the cancer doctor with dad to-morrow and his test shows his P.S.A. going up so the doctor may want him to go back on his shots.  He does not want to do that.

He has been feeling good riding his bike.  His feet are painful as always.

Another challenge to face the unknown.
We join Ken and Rick and Nancy.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

What great joy there is in giving and receiving. I can see the joy in both your faces...lovely photos which capture the feelings of the moment. Just look at Morgan's big smile!

How old is Morgan? 12 or 13? The kids grow up so quickly these days don't they?

That is a funny story about not being able to find Theresa and you left without her. Did she phone you or find her own way home? We all have done silly things in our lifetime so don't worry about it!

It was another hot day today with a lot of humidity...it was actually stifling with little wind. It has cleared and freshened up so i am hoping we can sleep with the window open tonight and the airconditioner no on. That is the dogs and I!

I still have things to do regarding changing names on accounts and stuff. Today I had to scan the death certificate and my health card and mail it in to the government so they can mail me a new card. I will need it tomorrow because I am having a MRI of the blood vessels in my liver. Lots of fun! I am not fussy about the MRI where they put you in that awfully small space and there is a lot of banging and clanging...but it doesn't last long.
It is at St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg.
The new hospital in Selkirk has an MRI now...so the next time I have to have one I will ask to go there. It is just 50 minute drive whereas St. Boniface Hospital is 80 minutes. Plus Selkirk is mostly all highway driving too.

Did I tell you I have some eggplants growing? My son got them for free when we were at the greenhouse. I have never eaten one before...so will be looking for recipes. Have you had one Beth?
He also got some yellow peppers for free and they are doing very well. I love them!
I have cabbages (free too ) just two! and onions and swiss chard. all growing in boxes on my deck so the darned deer cant eat them. She finished off the lovely buds on the day lilies today...they were just going to bloom. It is very disheartening. So many people have given up on gardens now...just have deck plants and boxes.

Well I have to have a shower so better get going!

It was another lovely day, wasn't it?

have a good sleep,
Love, nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy

that is funny I was just looking for an old egg plant recepe.

I used to make it for a friend who was vegitarian.

Too bad you have to have an MRI.
It is scary
A long drive too so a tiring day.

Theresa phoned home and came back on the bus.

I had not been feeling well that day.

I do not know why I started thinking about this.

Hope all goes well and you get some answers.

Love beth


Sandra said...

I do not see anything about Theresa and losing her?

It has warmed up so we are finally getting some real use out of the pool. The kids are sleeping well and it is usually me or Shandel who are up first.

Is it today that you go to the doctor with dad?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I took off the story about losing
theresa.

Yes today we go to see the prostate cancer doctor at 2.

With the pool your place is the perfect place to be.

Hi to both you and Shandell.

Should we stop by?

Love mom