Sunday, July 1, 2018

THE PAST AND THE PRESENT.

The  one day I like to fly our little Canadian flag it has gone missing.
I have misplaced it.
This is the flag that is blowing in the wind at the grave yard,
where dad and I go to place some flowers
for his grandmother.
There were several other people who also were remembering loved ones
and there was a sense of kinship in this quiet place.
We need to remember the past that has been a part of who we have become.

I had thought we were going to have a busy day greeting Mary and the children and also Carol. I now have it straightened out.  Carol will be here Monday.

Sandra and Randy dropped by and Mary will be here Friday and we will see her then.

After they left we decided to drive in and take these flowers to the grave sight.

I started to feel hungry so we stopped at the little cafe called the Wooden Frog.  He makes good GF soup and muffins.Sitting by the window we spied Haiti and Panteli returning from a stroll.  We ran out to see them.  It was great to see Haiti as we have missed her.  Panteli came back and joined us for coffee.

Arriving home dad went for a bike ride and I went for a walk.

I have other memories of Canada day which we celebrated with crowds of people.  It certainly makes the day more memorable.  One day we actually were present at two young people from our church becoming Canadians.

I am sure they will be flying a big Canadian flag this day.

Fireworks are exploding right now at this present moment.  Good job Haiti is now here with us as she would be craling into bed with us.
It has just started raining!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys yesterday! Carol arrived 45 minutes late at airport, so we doidn't get back home till about 2:00 AM. All her luggage arrived safely. She'll give you guys a call when she wakes up and maybe we can have a visit. xo Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful to see Panteli and Haiti when you were having lunch! I bet Haiti was glad to see you too!

How wonderful too, your daughter Carol is home now. You will have lots of good times catching up on things.

I have been alone the past couple of days, for the first time since Carl passed away. It is good to be alone and get used to what it will be like in the future. Not easy at times, but I find that if i keep busy that is the secret so lot is getting accomplished!
Today is the first day which hasn't been at least 30C in about a month. it is lovely and refreshing. lots of wind so I hung laundry on the line.

Your post and photo about your visit to the cemetery reminds me I have to go and check on our family graves too. Most of my family are buried in the same cemetery. How nice of you to take flowers too.

The beach is a buzzing with kids, dogs and people...which is always good to see.
Families came out in droves on Friday and Saturday with huge loads for the taxis...they were going non stop for hours. Many were coming down to the cottage for the summer and because the cottage area is restricted to driving, they bring it all in one large load.
I will be teaching down there on Thursday and get to see many of my summer friends.

Tomorrow I see my rheumatologist...it is a long way across Winnipeg and it will be rush hour once I get out...hoping my son can drive as I am still quite tired with the lupus flare. If not, I will manage just fine as I always have done...I can to it!

My budgies have free flying in the spare room today. I took their cage outside and gave it a good scrubbing...it is drying in the sun now. They are pretty quiet in there...it is a new room for them.

I wish you a lovely day today,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

YES Nancy you can do it!
love beth

Sandra said...

It is nice to have Carol back home and to catch up. Looking forward to some sunshine, my garden is not doing all that well with all these grey days.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Sandra I think your garden is always lovely.

Looking forward to visits with family.

Love mom