Saturday, July 28, 2018

SACRED

I believe that there should be no clear distinction between sacred and ordinary.  There are moments and places which make the ordinary come alive and it becomes sacred.

I think of moments when I meet friends at the store and we stop to chat and catch up on the ordinary things that make up our lives.  I am glad we had a visit with our old neighbor Cathy today hearing she is putting her house up for sale.  I chat with Jane as it is her birthday today and we remember all the times we celebrated together with our husbands.

We would meet at the Northwood Golf Course as it was halfway between here and Langley.  She is sad at losing her license and her car.  She loved to drive and we had many adventures with her driving all over town.

Even my walk is a sacred act as I smile at those I meet and enjoy a time of quiet prayer.

During the day I am thankful for these sacred moments in which we bless each other.

When there is trust in a relationship and a friendship it becomes sacred.

Going to church to-morrow is sacred because I feel it is a place of restoration and healing as well as friendship.

No comments: