Wednesday, August 29, 2018

BLINDNESS

"A blind child guided by his mother admires the cherry blossoms.
-  Kikakou

               Today rain is falling and that is good.  The earth is so very dry and the grass is very brown.
                   I was thankful for the sunny day yesterday and the time to enjoy the beauty around me
                            as I enjoy my morning walk in the light rain..

I will share what I wrote in my journal this morning..  I am thankful for the people around me who have help me see more clearly.  Our pride and our stubbornness can blind us to our own faults.  Also our past experiences that have caused us sadness contribute to where we find ourselves today.

Both my parents taught me to be the best person I can be by working hard.  Cleanness and tidiness were very important.  My mom helped my dad achieve his goals especially in his work with the young people in his scout group.  She would make cookies for their meetings and be a loving presence that welcomes these boys into their home.

She impressed on me the importance of family and faith.  She taught  me that life has meaning and purpose even when one is bedridden and unable to speak.  All we need to do is to continue to be brave and trust that our love will continue to be expressed in our weakness and brokenness.

All I have to do is to be real in the midst of our pain and suffering.

My faith has taught me to face my fears that could hold m back from my goals.
My dad was afraid of dogs and mom and I are afraid of mice and rats and snakes.
I was afraid of flying when I would go up in dad's airplane.

I realize now that we can be blinded by our fears of growing old and we continue to realize our need of each other to find renewed strength and energy to carry on.

We conquer our little fears and accept each day as it comes.

Faith has helped me to overcome the blindness and solve the mystery of life with new eyes.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, you are already old and you still do more than I do. So, doesn't sound like the fear of getting old has stopped that much in your life.

Two more kittens were adopted yesterday so down to one. Unfortunately it is the one that is the most skittish so it will be hard on her to be alone.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I do not agree Sandra.

You are a busy lady.

Love mom