Tuesday, August 14, 2018

SMOKEY

Yes I am still walking in the smoky haze,

I walk down to the duck pond by myself on this smokey and hazy morning.  It is a longer walk for me but I really want to make the effort.

The ducks are all wake and out in great numbers.

A few are swimming.

Lots of people taking an early morning walk.

I am thinking that dog walkers are more friendly.

I smile and say good morning anyway.

Dad and I are driving to Langley to Cost Co.

Life is full of experiences that teach us how to make good choices and learn from our bad choices.  Through these experiences that are joys and struggles I am discovering the sacred in the every day ordinary life.  Struggles force us to dig deeper into the inner roots of our heart and soul searching for purpose and meaning.

"the Holy Ground of experience"  -Mark Nepo

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess that is good you are still walking. I am not sure if it gives me claustiphobia or if it actually afects me, but I get anxious walking in it. Very smokey going to and from pilates last night.

beth bennett said...

Sandra I do not like it either.
The smoke makes everything look so different
when I am walking. A funny light.

I find it hurts my eyes.

I keep the doors closed today because it is smokey.

Glad you are finding help at Pilates.

Lovemom

nancy-Lou said...

It is nice to hear about the ducks and see pictures Beth. You always are so dedicated to your blog and do such a good job. I always enjoyed the ducks and the quacking when we walked at Rathtrevor Park on the Island.

We had quite a few very hot and smokey days but it cleared out yesterday and became quite cool and sure am not going to complain about that!

I am taking Tai Chi classes and starting private lessons as well now. This was my second class this evening and I am sore...but that is because I really pushed myself. I am determined to learn it properly so asked my teacher to teach me private lessons. First on is tomorrow. I totally ove Tai Chi. Did you know it is a martial art? Yes it is. There are punches and kicks but they are slow and so graceful.
I had to quite Tai Chi a few years ago when Carl became so ill and I couldn't leave him...I am so happy to be able to start again.

I walked out the doors of the seniors scene from Tai Chi and the coyotes were howling like I never heard them before...a large pack. Very close by and a ginger cat came running to me terrified. I picked him up and held him until they stopped..a good five minutes. it was quite a ruckus. He was a beautiful cat and I am sure belonged to someone nearby.

I am really tired so going to bed now...have ea lovely evening and a good sleep,

Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thanks Nancy.
You too.
Love beth

Shandel said...

I also think the smoke hurts my eyes. It felt weird here yesterday. And it hasn't lifted. Cameron said it really bothers him at work. He has a sore throat and headache when he comes home. I pray the fires can be stopped and the smoke to lift. Not fun for summer time and not good for our poor earth