Friday, August 17, 2018

GARDENER

I walk by many lovely gardens as I walk back from the duck pond.  I love to see the colors.I love the fall colors especially.

Now is a time to cut down the dying plants and encourage the new life to take it's place.  I am not sure I am doing it right.  My friend Heather from church says she will come over and help but I worry about anyone trying to move among the rocks and pot holes in my front yard.  A little advice would be helpful.

Yes lots of people will be leaving our church to look for anew community.  I think we should plan a great farewell dinner.  How about a turkey?  It is the end of October.  How about a glass of wine for our "last supper:.  Something really festive and fun. 

It saddens me to see one of our church members who cannot accept that it is shutting down.  She comes to church with a grim  looking face and you can feel the anger within her.  There are things we cannot change so why not enjoy our last months together with a happy spirit?

"Every act of love is carried within us as a seed
but each needs the rain and heat of experience
to become it's full expression in the world."   Mark Nepo.

"Every poem or painting or piece of music (or written word) every act of love carried within us is the inner light that some call spirit or soul or grace,"  Mark Nepo

Dad and I have a lazy day today but did get our exercise.

I did a bit more in the front garden hoping it will start to look better.

I should have planned it better if I wanted to be a better gardener.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finnished my run of 5 early shifts. Very exaughted. I saw my dr with the results. And no issues in my colon but he wants an other test in 12 months to check for more polyps. I have to take iron tablets.
I spoke to Hobey today , he was just on his way to Stephen’s house for dinner. They plan to drive back to YVR tomorrow. I think there maybe another family dinner soon.
Our weather is cold . Wet and windy. Just the start of spring 😁. Mattered and Jaz go to camp for two nights this week Wednesday and Thursday nights back on Friday. They are more than a little excited. 🏕
Ken

beth bennett said...

Ken that is good news bad news as we hope the results show us what is the problem.

If your iron is low that is exhausting andalso those early shifts.

Hope you can get rested up.

I hope Matthew and Jaz enjoy the camp. I guess they are n holidays again.

Yes there is a family gathering next Sunday at Sandra's.

Thanks for the up date.

Good to keep in touch.

Lovemom

nancy-Lou said...

Hi Beth. Just a quick note to say I am reading your daily blogs, but have been super busy and super tired at night...so not writing as often.

I am sorry to hear that your church is closing...it will be difficult to find another church that suits you. I have a book to read called Waking Up. A guide to spirituality without religion. I have a friend who thinks much like I do and he loaned me the book. Just starting to read it.

today was day 1 of the Boreal Shores Art Tour and is was a great success. We had three vendors ( one, being me ) at my neighbours station house...( the old train station ) and there were just over 300 people going through. It was a great success, but I am tired now. The problem is I know so many summer people from here and stand and talked all day. sold some things too. So tomorrow is day 2 and I will be glad when it is all over.

I will go for a forest walk with my friend in the evening to breathe in all the goodness and exhale all the stress and tension. So blessed to have such a good friend who can show me how. It is called forest bathing. It opens up the chi...as in ancient chinese ways.

Have a good sleep,
Love to you both,
Nancy

Shandel said...

We had a lovely visit with the Parsons, Hobey and his friend Nick. I wish we had more time to hangout. Hobey is a lovely human. Lots of good stories. Cameron and I would like to visit Australia one day.