Sunday, August 19, 2018

SURPRISE

Yes, we had a surprise visit from grand daughter Tasha.  It is good to have time to just sit and chat and eat muffins.  Blueberry muffins she brought which are my favorite. Out comes my camera to catch the moment.  The time went by so quickly and I had lots more questions I would have liked to ask.  We are amazed that she drives a bus in downtown Van. but whe is ready to look for someting different.  Less stressful that is for sure.
I did well reading the scripture at church even though it was from lamentations which is a book about grief and loss and feeling forsaken by God.  The good thing is that Jeremiah reminds them of God's faithfulness and His steadfast love that is new every morning.
This is the morning sun that is surrounded by red.  
The moon at night has been the same.

It has been a good day for us and certainly cheered dad up.
He did not ride his bike today but I know he will be riding down the trails in the forest to-morrow.

What a surprise to hear Hobey is back in Van.

Each day holds new surprises that we count as blessings.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad that Tasha dropped by, that sort of makes up for me not making it over.

No surprises in my life lately.

Kittens growing, Randy working, garden drying out.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes it was good you stayed at home
but we did miss you.
Dad is having several problems
one he is braking out on
boils on his neck.
and acid reflux Diet.

I cannot spell that.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Nice that Tasha dropped in. Did she get her cat back?

Sorry to hear about Dad and the boils.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Tasha is still looking for her cat.

It was good of her to drive all the way over here.

Dad resting today but hopeful things will improve.

Hope you are doing okay with the smoke.

Love mom