Thursday, August 2, 2018

RECONNECTIONS

This morning I reconnected with an old friend who always used to encourage me in my walking. She is an older lady too who rode a bike, jogged and walked and I was very impressed with all she did.  It has been several years since I have seen her.  This morning she left her house at the same time I left my and we reconnected between the two.  She has had a hip replacement and is going to walk all the way to Seattle on Saturday.   She is amazing and she always tells me I am amazing too!

The other day we drove to the River Inn and reconnected with one of our favorite waitresses.  She is so loving and kind and always so happy to see us.

It will be wonderful to reconnect with Hobey who we have not seen for over 5 or more years.

We are looking forward to seeing Stephen and Shawna and the boys Lincoln and Seeley and Walker.  Seeley will be having his second birthday celebration with us all.  Yes he is going to be two!   

Right now it is important to keep connected to my friends at church.
So many good friends who have seen us through many good and not so good times.
We remain hopeful even though the future is uncertain.

A group of people will leave and go on to another United Church but we are not certain what we will do.  We may try several churches before we connect to any.  

Sometimes I have to make an effort to reconnect to my heart instead of just letting my mind control my thoughts and my feelings.

Hopefully we can reconnect to our inner courage and strength.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Well written blog today. Have you been taking the ginkgo biloba too?

Stephen and Shawna arrived 5 minunutes early and their bag was out right away which was nice. It took a while to get everyone settled and into be so it was close to 11 by then.

The boys loved all of the kittens. Just before we left for the airport I got a call that the two oldest kittens have been adopted and they will be dropped off in a week when the people get back from camping.

So, we will be left with just the unfriendly four kittens. Have to do our best to change that so they can get homes too.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thank you Sandra,
I met two unfriendly kittens and did not see the friendly ones.

Love mom