Wednesday, March 3, 2010

DISAPPOINTMENTS


The promise of spring is blooming all around us now. I am seeing new little bulbs emerge from the barren wet earth and it gives me joy. A tiny flower can be every bit as wonderful as a tree coming out in great bloom.

There were many personal achievements of the athletes during the winter games here in Vancouver. There was much to celebrate yet in the midst of the celebrations were those who had hope and dream of greatness but had to face the disappointment of losing.

As I gather up my little prayer book this morning I wonder where do all the unanswered prayers go? It is so easy to give up when faced with difficult prayers realizing that many people are fighting a losing battle for health and even for life. We search for inspiration and realize that to pray is really the only answer.

I had thought dad and I would go to the store and get a few extra things because it is 10% day off. But his feet where to sore and as the day wore on I was getting too tired. We had enjoyed a visit from Carol seeing all her pictures of her visit to the Grand Cayman. She, too, is experiencing leg and feet problems. I am realizing that life for us is changing and we now will live day by day.

Others in our family are dealing with struggles of their own and I feel sad for them. We would all like to be the ones that can reach out to help but gradually realizing that we also need help makes us feel vulnerable.

We ended up taking the car and going out for Chinese food; so that ended my worry what to have for supper, and stopping to pick up the groceries on the way home. We ended up both going to bed early.

I am looking forward to a quiet morning at the church, together with Jane, we will sit in the scantuary joined by the presence of all who have blessed this church, and will pray for those in need and for those struggling to make decisions and for those weary and worn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think that the answered and unanswerd prayers all go to the same place...
So Carol is back, brown and tired from her trip?
Did you get ahold of Tasha?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thats too bad about Dad's feet. Hope they are better soon.
ken