Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE VISIT



Stopping by Sandra and Randy's house for a visit we found no one home but the doggies, who are always glad to see us, even shut away in their kennel. We enjoyed the garden which Sandra works so hard to create beauty and a safe place for the birds to come to feed, bees to fly from flower to flower, and maybe even a stray lady bug.

During this week that is called Holy Week I will be visiting my faith as writen about in the scriptures. At church this morning we had a closer look at Palm Sunday and where we would put ourselves in the crowds who thronged to see Jesus coming to Jerusalum on a donkey. No one had any idea of what lay ahead and yet for this moment in time all felt the thrill of victory that their deliverer had come at last.

I have tried to make the forty days of lent more a time of prayer and some days I have achieved a small degree of the mystical as I have tried to be a listener to the voice within, closer than my breathing or the beating of my heart. Mostly I have sensed a deeper longing for more life of the spirit. You are welcome to visit with me if you want. Comments are always welcome and I hope at least my pictures will speak to your hearts as they have mine.

No comments: