Thursday, March 25, 2010

MORNING BY MORNING!


Took a short walk with dad over to get his hearing checked, which is not too bad. Grabbed my camera as we headed out the door. This is the tree in bloom near the hearing place.

Saying lots of little prayers for dad as I am worried about his walking. Prayer is the heart of who I am. I think about the beginning of time and how there was a longing to communicate with the gods of nature, who sent the rain and the storms and the sunshine and the warmth. They listened to the sounds of nature, like the sound of the birds and the croak of the frog and they wanted to make noises too. They wanted to communicate with each other and share the stories they were creating in their immaginations.

Maybe they began chanting or even shouting to try to reach the god of the sky and earth. Everyday the light would vanish and the darkness changed their world and they could see the brightness of the stars and moon. Did they hope and dream that the light would return and was this the beginning of prayer.

Prayer has always seem natural to me; not something i had to do to make God happy or even to make myself better, it was more sharing my dreams and my hopes.

Prayer is like planting a seed in the ground and then letting the rain water it and the warmth of the sun awaken it and new life appears. A child finds it hard to wait for the seed to grow and is tempted to dig it up but as adults we have learned that many things in life take time and patience.

I was a good child and yet I got spankings because I did careless and thoughtless things. When I felt mean and angry then I knew it was wrong. Originally a 'sinner' was one who missed the mark and I realized that everyone failed at times and that to forgive and to be forgiven was to keep the image of God beautiful within us all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like spring . Baby Jasmine did not sleep to well last night . Melina is tired .Jesse is on spring break for two weeks . Matthew is talking heaps .
ken

Anonymous said...

And what of Kenny? What is he up to?
Sandra