Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LOST?

Life is a long road and it is easy for any of us to get lost. I sometimes say to dad I think you are going in the wrong direction and he is not but I feel lost.



Why do you think I think you are lost? Why are you sceptical? Why have you changed? Why an I giving the impression I think of others as lost souls? This is the danger of words and I think maybe that is why churches have rituals and sacred symbol's. I come into the church feeling the security of an old building and I am reminded of all the people I have known over the years of being a part of that community. I have found freedom there; freedom to find the map that helps me find my way as I experience life as is unfolding before me.
Just had a thought I can never refold maps the way they should be. lol
I am getting better and better at losing things so I try to collect my thoughts and write them down before I lose them. I write on scraps of paper during the day but often they seem to disappear or I will look at words later and wonder "what was I thinking?"
We all find our own way in our own time on our own path!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, no, the questions started and I am not ready! I dont know mom, it just seems like you are always feeling sorry for us miserable non jesus people.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I have trouble refolding those maps too. But, when I do manage to do it, a get this nice feeling of satisfaction.

What is the rule for doctors? Do no harm? I always feel good when I manage to avoid doing harm, or undoing whatever harm I have done, even if it is as simple as refolding a road map in the same shape it was originally!

love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rick I am thinking of editing this but maybe later.