Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE SHADOWS


The light creates shadows and Jesus is my light. No I have not lost my passionate faith in Jesus or in God or in the Holy Spirit. I live in a world of shadows with everyone else. In fact I am but a shadow longing for light.

I have fineshed the book "Fleeing Fundamentalism" by Carlene Cross a minister's wife
Actually she flees from an unhealthly marriage, an abusive, male dominated church, a judgmental religion based on harch scripture because it robs her of her faith as she discovers hypocricy and faksehood. There was no emotional support and no freedom. She felt betrayed by her abusive husband who becomes an alcololic just like his father.

I have experienced the wried part of religion that goes to the extreme of being emotional under the influence of the holy Spirit. People came who had been abused by the church and were very wounded and broken hearted. I was one that needed healing prayer and words of phrophetic encouragement.

"Fundamentalism gone berserk turns into an inhuman apocalyptic darkly controlling force that reshuffles common sense." Carlene Cross

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Plato and his allegory of the caves, where all people see are the shadows of the truth, not the true essence itself.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I just fineshed writing this. I do not know about the caves of Plato but I like the saying shadows of the truth. Thanks
I was doing my spelling corrections so maybe you read the rough draft. love mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book, where does she end up after this, back in a church setting or?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

She ends up going back to see the old church where her struggles began and she is able now to remember the good people who tried to help her and reached out to her but she refused their help. I do not know if she is back going to church but she remarries and her children have found stability in their lives after a lot of dsyfunction. love mom