Monday, March 15, 2010

LISTENING PRAYER


Prayer a sigh of the soul's desire.

We begin by listening and waiting in a silent space. We want to overcome the barriers that lie within us all. Unanswered prayer can lead to doubt and despair but if we are willing to set aside our adjenda and listen to the inner rhythm that stirs within our deepest longings. Our unconscious so real during the night in our dreams can now be awakened to guide us in our prayers.

Our prayer includes confession and the awareness of forgiveness, thankfulness for a new day, awareness of the abundance and goodness of life that produces generosity and joyful faith.

"A child asks: "What must it be like to be someone else? What will I be when I grow up?"

An adult asks: Who am I? What has given my life meaning and continues to make it meaningful?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely feeling this picture gives . Its twin hangs over my desk area. Jane