Thursday, March 11, 2010

IT"S A MYTH


"You old people have nothing to do"
Everyday I have a list of things that I need to do and an even longer list for dad!
Granted everything, and I do mean everything, we do takes longer because we are moving slower. We have time to go out for lunch and enjoy the drive into town to the Sylvia or just to a place near by. We try to keep up with who is having a birthday but we may forget. That is another thing that is hard knowing you have forgotten something but you cannot think what it is. Yes, we really need to write things down and then remember where we wrote it. We have phone calls to make, letters to write, books to read as well as laundry and house-work and gardening. We may fall asleep on the couch when we get warm and comfy but just wake us up with a loud voice because our hearing is not as good as it use to be. We still like to give our opinions about the world and what is wrong with it. Just reminds us when we tell the same things over and over again and we will do the same for you.
Us older folks are active trying to keep the church alive so that it can be a place of community and spiritual life for many years to come. We also have to keep working on keeping healthy which means getting exercise and going to doctors etc. We have our favorite T.V. shows and get very excited watching a good old hockey game. Today I took out the big bag of compost and the wind blew so hard the whole bag when tumbling down the street sending weeds and rose clippings and branches all down the street. I package it all up after I collected it all but now I look out and see the bag is not there so it must be the wrong day. I still do my volunteer work at the nursing Home and attend three Bible study groups and try to visit shut in friends and neighbors.
I do most of the worrying and all of the praying. Dad saves his prayer requests for the "really big problems" where I share all my daily concerns with a Big God! ! !
You have to make your plans with us early or we just may be too busy to come!
But on the otherhand there is always some truth in a Myth!

No comments: