Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MORNING PRAYER TIME


Jane and I will be spending an hour in silent prayer again this morning. I look at this picture and I have many good memories. I think of when Oliver and Kimberly where baby Jesus at Christmas Eve. Service. I think of all the times I have sang or said the Lord'prayer there together with so many dear friends. I believe that this simple prayer really expresses the heart of the gospels; and although there are many different denominations that range from liberal to fundamentalist we all have this prayer in commom. A universal prayer that is also eternal.

"Using this prayer regularly as a spiritual practice creates real and lasting change at the soul level, change which becomes manifest in very earthly, visible ways." Change is hard for most of us, well I know it is for me. We left our little Colebrook Church at a time when i was feeling very empty and burnt out. I think that it is very important to give back the love that one is given but I found that I was having doubts about Christianity and what I was being taught. One church will never meet my deepest needs; one of these is to keep learning.

"Every question is a good question that leads to the truth." Rumpole of the Baily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did all the rocks go?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Have you changed your writing time mom? Does that mean you are sleeping in a bit?
Sandra