Friday, March 26, 2010

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY



We need the rain but I of little faith was watering early in the morning before the clouds took over the job for me. We can expect several days of rain. Cathy knocked on the door last night, when I was in the bath, asking if I wanted to go for a walk in the morning with her and my other neighbor Cindy. The plan is to go to the water shed park where none of us would go alone. I will take my camera along if the rain does not dampen our enthusiasum; and change our plans.

Religion, that irrational and unsecientific and emotional energy, in this modern age has become a bad word as all the ugliness is being exposed. I believe that religion, still is good when it is pure and simple, like offering a cup of cold water to a thirsty soul. "Religion persists because the wiring of the brain continues to offer believers a wide range of unitary experiences."

We are praying for parents of two adopted children now grown up who have become abusive to their parents and have left home and are now into drugs and drinking. These loving people are carrying a burden of sorrow no words of comfort can ease.
As parents we often have wondered where did I go wrong but children develope minds of their own and make their own choices in life. We cannot stop them from failing and stumbling because they have to do their own learning and growing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does religion have to do with offering a cup of water? Are saying that with out this athority figure up in the sky telling you to do good you would let someone go thirsty? Or that only a religious person would be nice enough to do that? Still say religion is a bad word.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

vERY GOOD POINTS
LOVE MOM