Wednesday, March 17, 2010

NEW LIFE



Signs of new life are all around us and the days are a mixture of sun and rain. We know we need both. Life challenges us to come alive to the present moment. Inspiration comes in many ways; seeing the sunrise,spending time in a quiet church, a few words with a friend, reading scripture and saying our prayers together in silence. New life brings new hope that in the days ahead there will be times of joy.

Joy comes as the spirit of God touches our hearts in surprising and simple ways. Joy gives us the energy to carry on through the dull days and doing the same tasks over and over again.

"There are joys which long to be ours. God sends ten thousand truths, which come about us like birds seeking inlet; but we are shut up to them, and so they bring us nothing, but sit and sing awhile upon the roof, and then fly away."
Henry Ward Beecher.

Today I will take a few small flowers to the Nursing Home and I will be touched by the gracious spirit and cheerfulness of the dear people who sit and wait. I like to leave them something if I can. They seem all to relate to my simple life and we always share a smile or even a laugh.

Now after my prayer time this morning I am reading about brain science and the biology of belief; which will give me time to reflect on my way. It is a joy to walk among the flowering trees and breath in the freshness of a spring morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good you are getting to those books, unless you are going for a world record of how many times a person can renew the same library books.
No birds singing happy songs on my roof these days. I am just sad and sit and think of my neighbours hating me, and that what will happen if, or more realistic, when, my dogs get out again?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

They don't hate you just your scary dogs. Maybe you should have a get to know my dogs party in tge front lawn invite Ben and Morgan and Justice and have balloons and cake.

It was too cold for the birds this morning and even my flowers looked cold and regreted coming out so soon. Check out my next coming attraction, love mom