Friday, March 26, 2010

SECRET TREASURES


This old chest, that I move from place to place, holds my journals written in the books that Rick gave to me. I have lost my special pen but I enjoyed using it. I am writing because now I do not want to lose my thoughts that are like hidden treasures in my mind. There is always a part of us that we hope will live on.
How does one explain love? We know it when we allow ourselves to feel it and we treasure all it means deep in our hearts. Inspiration comes from all around us and yet it also grows within us. A secret treasure like a piece of eternity that we long to express and share. We long for words to express the unexpressable, unknowable reality that is slowly breaking in deep within becoming a part of who we are. There is a joy that comes alive in small moments of awe and worship.

Our destiny writen in the stars but being revealed to us in daily tasks and in earthly friendships. Yesterday, I walked with Cathy and Cindy knowing that Cindy wants to talk with us but finds it so hard because she does not know English. She has not been well and she is very anxious about her health. Walking in the Watershed Park breathes new life into her and she takes hold of me when we come to muddy slippery parts to make sure I do not fall. She has lost the joy her garden gave to her but her eyes come alive as we find new growth in the forest. She misses her daughter who is studying back east and she longs for her to come home.

Cathy longs for Jeff to become more like his old self that illness seems to have robbed him of his true personality and his ability to think and to do. So much in life we take forgranted, just the simple things that can so easily be forgotten when we are too tired to think or to care.

Treasure this day for the gifts it will bring to you, gifts of beauty and love!

No comments: