Monday, March 1, 2010

REST

Resting in the beauty of God's amazing love that grings new babies into the world and guides the hands of surgeons as they operate on our friend Ron's heart to keep it beating qietly. God's healing presence is with us all.
Monday has become for me a day to rest which makes me aware that Sunday can become too busy. I am trying to balance my need to rest with things that need to be done. Today is a day to just relax and enjoy the quiet beauty of my home and the awakening of the beauty in nature as I walk and see new trees coming out in bloom and signs of spring everywhere. This beauty comes after a time of resting and even hiding.
"Whatever we make of ourselves we will make it by the durability we bring to the passage of time." On Saturday night we celebrated a 45th wedding anniversary with friends and lots of good humour. Sunday morning we were asked questions about how to make our church more spiritual. We talk about change but are we willing to change. I have been to many different church services and I have met some wonderful Christian people in all of them. I think I said too much yesterday morning although there were many who nodded their heads and seemed to agree with me. We get bogged down in words. Faith so easily can become a quagmire and that is why people turn away and feel it is too much effort. Yes, I can say my prayers and find peace in my quiet morning as others do among nature or studies or just being busy.
Change takes time and we have to respect where others are in their spiritual life and I would not want to make others uncomfortable. We have been formed by our past and I am happy just to rest in the love that has been given to me by friends and family.
The Sabbath heart within me needs a Sabbath rest to allow my soul to be able to respond with calm.
At the baby shower yesterday the new little boy was passed around. The first time I held him he started to cry and I soon let his mother have him again. I would soon be crying myself if I did not. He will need so much care and attention and he will change the lives of the whole family.
Yesterday was a day of great emotion for those who watched the hockey game and I would have been happy just to do that. It is wonderful to win such an exciting game and as I drove home there where cars honking and people out on the street waving flags with great excitement.
Today it is all over and the streets will return to normal and the noise and celebrations will now become memories. I am thankful just to rest and be still.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I get to rest tonight, there were cars honking and people yelling until 5AM this moring. Have a nice restful day. Will you be putting pictures of Yuri up?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes I will try downloading them now.

Anonymous said...

Rest is good. I was up late reading.

Rick