Tuesday, March 16, 2010

INQUIRING MINDS


This old barn has been completely torn down and a new building is in it's place. Everywhere we drive now we see so many new places being built and wonder how the roads are going to hold all the cars. As we drove back from Ladner we heard on the radio there were four accidents. It was cold and windy at the dock in Ladner where dad went to take pictures to put on his blog. I took some too.

A stomack upset had cancelled my plans to go to the Nursing home; probably I had one two many prunes this morning.

I have several books to read that need to be returned to the library and one is on science and religion.
I am trying to keep my mind open to the possibilities that even in the chaos of life there is within each of us a desire to know more. I admire this is my children and even if they are not willing to embrace religion as it is now; that as it changes they may see the beauty of it's potential.

Even this old building had beauty in it's day and I am so thankful that each new day offers us new opportunities to keep asking questions because sometimes it is hard to know what to think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mom, you know religion is a dirty word! You are going to have to find a new word, like spirituality, or god awarness, just not religion. Ew!
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, you are so right! I could not agree more but spirituality is so vague and includes tree hugging and I do not know what all. God awareness is what religion should be teaching us and help us attain but I know it is in bad right now.
love mom

Anonymous said...

What, you dont think that God likes tree huggers? Or that tree huggers are not somehow promting God values?
Sandra