Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ATTITUDE

This is the doll house dad made for Morgan.  Theresa and Morgan have been adding the furniture and creating special rooms and where so pleased to show us what they had been doing.  Ben had been making a Lego project and he was very proud of his achievements.

I started a few projects yesterday but only finished one; that was writing a letter and mailing it.  My elderly distant relative in Australia does not have inter-net so it is back to pen and ink.

A day when I was aware of a lot of sadness in the world with heavy flooding destroying homes and business on Vancouver Island, a young girl killed in the park near us, reading about the doctor whose children were killed in the Gaza strip.  It is so sad when children are brought up to hate and distrust others.  Larry was writing about a mentally ill girl he had rescued at the airport who everyone else had neglected.  She was totally confused and did not even know where she was.  She was hungry as well as lost.  In the end she was placed on a airplane and flown to Seattle where a relative would meet her.

Our kitchen roof has now started to leak again and although dad fixed it last time I think it is time to call in the experts.  The water from the bathtub on the floor above seems to leak and all of a sudden a hole starts to break through.  This is a small problem compared to others but it is annoying.  We have had this trouble since we first moved in.

Today I am reading about mystics who devote their lives to meditation and prayer.  Unlike our Dr. Phil or Oprah mystical writings are hard to comprehend and may seem irrelevant to our lives; but they have provided solace for those who came to them questioning the suffering of life.  We know that it is in facing the difficult in life; especially something we cannot change, is when our attitude needs to change.

Life is made up of the opposites good productive times and times when I feel stuck.  I wake up in darkness every morning now and eagerly wait for the light to dawn and the world around me come to life.  Life has meaning when we can do something to help someone else through dark times. 

We have not been abandoned by the energy that created all that was good that  I call God.  There is hope that good can come from the place of hopelessness and despair.  I look at my garden and see new life spring up here and there.  I cannot stop the weeds from growing they delight in finding any crack in the sidewalk and start growing. 

I am learning not to argue with the past and to trust the future; the good and the bad, with faith instead of fear.

4 comments:

beth bennett said...

Sandra, the new store is in Surrey Place and is like Homesense. I seem to be running low on towels for some strange reason.
Hope you had a bit better sleep. When I do not sleep well I can be miserable.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes I have been there a few times allready. I did sleep better last night finally, but my mouth all of a sudden has started to hurt a lot so I am a little worried that I have been talking too much. Very sad about that young girl, middle of the day in such a normal unscairy place.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Wonderful doll house.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Dont think dad will agree to the "experts" being called in ..lol
Ken