Friday, September 3, 2010

HAPPY DAYS



We have been joined by another young happy couple. We have all being hearing a lot about Shandel, Cameron's fiance, and she is delightful. Our birthday lunch was excellent but it was not easy to hear everybody so looking forward to having lots of fun in the next few days. The young ones, that includes Sandra too, were all off shopping and then home to transform the dining room into an another bedroom. Randy and Sandra's house is filling up and
Sandra's life I am sure is full of happy days
Michael John and Mary arrived last night and maybe someone will come for a walk with me today. I do not walk in the Water Shed Park alone. It is such a dense park and I have a terrible sense of direction and you never know you just might meet a creepy guy. Sandra's thought that they would make a nice little cross and flower remembrance of me if I did get mug did not fill me with courage or determination. lol Yes, I am stubborn and will do my single walk around the neighborhood.

I am reading Spong again and finding some things I agree with. I think that he has changed in the writing of this last book. He has certainly done a lot of reading and studying and has travelled from finding religion a safe place to hide into a place of intellectual thinking and is now coming into a place he calls of "being"

He challenges the church as being a place of the spiritually immature controlled by the clergy. My life has been enriched by the church, with all it's imperfections,
and worship for me is a time to express the love that I feel with an unquestioning heart.

Spirituality is being expressed in many ways today and I am happy that people are still searching even if the church is growing smaller. I enjoy small groups where you really get to know people and hear what they believe or don't believe. I must also admit I have come home at times very unhappy but I am challenged to keep learning.

In the article in the paper about EAT. PRAY and LOVE it suggests going to a church fall supper. It is wonderful how people come together and work together and laugh together. I am amazed at how some one in their nineties is still making wonderful pies.

It is also learning to co-operate with others who do things differently.

I look back on many happy days taking care of my little family. I am very proud of each one of them and the happiness they bring into my life.

I am especially happy because I do not have to prove or understand something for it to be true.

No comments: