Monday, September 13, 2010

THE UNEXPLAINABLE


It is so difficult to explain the unexplainable of the spiritual experience, especially if it seems unimaginable. We fall in love with a person, with music that touches our soul, with the awe and wonder of nature, with the enthusiasm of children, and then there is an experience of falling in love with God. Love just comes alive and even the small daily tasks gives us an appreciation of all of life.

I love clean clothes, towels and blankets. I love feeling clean after a shower or a bath. I love planning my day with expectations of new experiences. I am so grateful that I can express myself because it helps me to know myself better.

I would like to be able to sing, to dance or to play an instrument all ways of expressing what you are feeling. I enjoy the gift these abilities give to others.
My dad played by ear and if he knew a song he could play it on the piano or the organ. We had a piano in our home for a few short months and I think if he had had a piano to express his talents and his emotions he would have been a happier man. He liked perfection and demanded it of himself and of others.

Science is now starting to try and explain the spiritual experience. Wired into our genetic code? a chemical re-action in our brains? a predisposition? a feeling of deep longing? a deep joy that takes a hold of the soul and breathes new life into the drabness of life.

I have never climbed a high mountain but I know the exhilaration that one can feel spiritually when I feel close to God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Explaining the unexplainable sounds like very hard work and a lot of thought. I wonder why some people have such a drive to tear everything apart? I guess it is good there are all kinds. Back to work today, got to see Randy for a couple of hours last night and probably wont see him again until next weekend.
Sandra

Pinetreeannie said...

Interesting comments regarding the unexplainable Beth.
I don't know if I told you this before but I read this saying recently and thought it was something I would keep...

I believe to understand NOT
understand to believe.

love,
Nancy