Tuesday, September 7, 2010

HABITS


Carol and Panteli have moved from their home in Tsawwassen to an apartment. It is across from the place where this picture is taken. These places are unique because they are built right on the edge of the water. I actually like their place better because it is up on the third floor among the trees. You are close to nature and also have a view of the park.

A first we had to brake the habit of going to their old house and make the first turn off not the second.

Habits are a part of all our lives, more than we realize. That is why it is good to have good habits that enrich your life and the lives of others. We all have our own opinions that we probably feel strongly about. It takes an effort not to always feel that I have to express what I believe and to just ask
"What do you believe?"
"Why do you believe this or that?"
"Is their room for questions or has what you believe just become a habit?"
"Are you interested in what others believe and how they look at scripture?"

Prayer has become a habit in my life because I have discovered that I need to express what I feel and what I believe. But it is only in the silence that I sense God speaking to me. He challenges me to see new possibilities in my self and in others.

I have fallen into the habit of seeing scripture through the old ways of expression; but now I know that saying to someone that they are sinners and need salvation just does not mean anything to them. Yet to say that we all are very human and we make mistakes but there is a way of transcending our humanity by being open to a voice that can guide us towards what is a better way.

To be fully alive and to be fully human!

No comments: