Monday, September 20, 2010

CHARITY


Charity is an old fashioned word and I believe that our faith when grounded in love and tolerance will produce charity. Love can be sentimental, romantic, familial but also universal. Love is a decision not a feeling and we can choose to value and respect one anther's opinions that are open and honest.

I am old fashioned and charity was always considered an important part of acting out what you believed. Everyone has needs and sometimes it is the need to be heard.

Yesterday morning as I walked along I saw many beautiful things; like a bunch of snapdragons all in different colours, little clusters of mushrooms springing up in the grass, the leaves just starting to change. I met my new friend at the bus stop and discovered she takes the bus to church every Sunday morning.

I never know who I might meet or if it will be just Jesus and me.

I heard the thunder as I carried on and was glad to make it home before a great burst of rain.

In the afternoon I went with Carol and Sandra and Randy to see the display home that was raising money be selling tickets for the Hospital Society. The home was set in a breath-taking rural setting of green fields, even with some geese, and a view of the other side of the world in the distance.

I loved looking at the decorations in the home and of course it was so big there was lots of little artistic displays that caught my eye. I left my camera in the car and the family was patient with me as I ran back to cature a few things on film.

Dad and Panteli joined us as we went out to Mr. Mike's, a restaraunt that use to be around when the children were growing up. Carol remembered it very well. We were fortunate to find a nice booth where the music was not too loud.

We came home to watch a rerun of Doc. Martin on the knowledge network. It is funny how one of us will remember different parts and realize O yes we have seen it before.
We are old-fashioned about out T.V. watching and have not really found any of the new shows worth watching. But I am sure there are some good ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went home and watched 3 episodes of Mad Men, and I got to bed way too late! I am glad that Randy forced me out of the house, I would have been happy to just work away on my novel all afternoon.
Sandra

Pinetreeannie said...

Lovely pictures once again Beth....the view across the field almost looks like England. We too are old fashioned in our tv viewing and find many of the newer shows very boring. That is likely why I don't watch much telly, but I do watch doc Martin and I love the English mysteries on pbs.
love,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes we agree